Vatican Museums tour with Bramante Staircase and St Peter's Basilica
- With No Wait access you won’t waste precious time in long lines
- 4.50-hour in-depth tour of the Vatican Museums
- Enjoy rare access to the Bramante Staircase, normally closed to the public
- Admire the oldest parts of the collection in the Etruscan Museums and the newer Vatican Pinacoteca
This Extended Vatican Museums Tour is ideal for art-lovers interested in seeing more of what one of the world's most important collections has to offer. With No Wait access, you won’t waste any time waiting in line and small group sizes of 20 people or less in the company of an expert guide mean that your experience of the masterpieces inside will be intimate and well-informed.
- This incredible tour enters restricted areas to gain rare access to Bramante's famous staircase, a spiral of carved stone built in the early 1500s inside the Vatican's square tower. It was used in the past by the likes of Michelangelo and Raphael, but few see it these days, as it is not open to the public.
- Another highlight is the Vatican Picture Gallery, the 'Pinacoteca', filled with beautiful paintings, including Raphael’s 'Transfiguration', Caravaggio’s 'Deposition from the Cross' and Leonardo Da Vinci’s unfinished 'St. Jerome in the Wilderness'.
- You won't miss out on the general access rooms covered on standard Vatican Museums tours, from the Pinecone Courtyard to the Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, Gallery of the Candelabra and something that no tour can be without – the Raphael Rooms.
- Of course, you'll also visit the grandest part of the Vatican Museums, the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel with Michelangelo's ceiling and 'Last Judgement'. Your guide will have already described these works, explaining what each of them means so that once you're inside you’ll be able appreciate all their minute details.
- The last stop on this extended tour takes you from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter’s Basilica, home to Michelangelo’s famous sculpture, the 'Pieta'.
- No Wait Access into the Vatican Museums
- Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Access to the Sistine Chapel
- Tour as per description
- Headsets for groups of five or more, so you can always hear your guide
- Groups no larger than 20 people
- Expert, English OR German speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 6-18): reduced price
- Infants (ages0-5): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
English Tour: At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed.
- On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter’s Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience.
Operating days: Monday-Saturday
- Meeting time: 8.30am
- Departure time: 8.45am
Please arrive at the specified meeting point ready for a prompt departure.
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
Enjoy a unique night in the Eternal City: join a panoramic bus tour by Night of Rome and indulge in ...