Saint Petersburg walking tour with 3 Cathedrals
- Visit three of the city’s most beautiful cathedrals
- Marvel at the stunning interiors of 19th-century St Isaac's Cathedral
- Spot the similarities between the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan and Rome's St Peter's Basilica
The tour starts from the impressive St. Isaac’s Cathedral, commissioned by Tsar Alexander I in 1918. It was built in celebration of Alexander’s victory over Napoléon. The grand facades of St. Isaac’s are richly decorated with beautiful sculptures. Inside, the cathedral features painstakingly detailed mosaics and vibrant columns of striking green malachite and blue lapis lazuli. St. Isaac’s is the third-largest domed cathedral in the world.
The tour continues onwards to the equally magnificent Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan. Constructed between 1801 and 1811, this cathedral is simply enormous. The exterior stone colonnade was inspired by that of the iconic Roman Basilica; it surrounds a landscaped garden and central fountain. The cathedral’s interior is adorned with columns, sculptures and religious icons.
The final cathedral of the tour is by no means the least important. A symbol of nationalism, the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood was built on the spot where Alexander II was killed. Outstanding mosaics and brilliantly ornate domes decorate the facade of this majestic church. Inside, the exceptionally beautiful marble flooring, elaborate mosaics and gilded columns are the finishing touches on a day of architectural brilliance.
- Professional licensed guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private tour
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food & drinks
Your guide will meet you at your hotel in St Petersburg. Tour returns to original point of departure.
- Please remember to specify the name and address of your accommodation in St. Petersburg when booking.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 4 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- departure at 10 am
With your St. Petersburg CityPass card, you'll save up to 80% when you visit the city's museums, riv...
Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel to bring you to the Tzar's Village (Tsarskoye Selo...
At the 'Feel Yourself Russian' folk show at Nikolayevsky Palace in Saint Petersburg, you'll grow mor...
Discover the grandeur of Saint Petersburg in the comfort of a private vehicle and accompanied by a p...
Discover St. Petersburg at your own pace and explore your favorite parts of the city by hopping on a...
Visit the Hermitage Museum on your own and use skip-the-line concierge service at the same time! Thi...