- Take the ferry and visit the infamous Alcatraz Island with an audioguide
- Tour SF from the bridge to the beaches, the swish neighbourhoods and beyond
- Explore the rich history of the San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Capture scenic photos on a leisurely walk along the rugged coastline from the Golden Gate Bridge to Land’s End
- Discover the secret trails and mingle with the locals at play in this beautiful part of San Francisco
Visit Alcatraz and discover some of San Francisco's best sites with this incredible combo.
Take the ferry to Alcatraz and discover the marvelous prison for yourself, with an audioguide to give you all the info and facts you need!
The following day, join a local guide for an experience you'll never forgot on this San Francisco tour that takes a truly unique trail through this legendary city. Local history? Check. Beautiful sunsets? Check. One of the most incredible bridges in the world? Check. Let's do this!
Your San Francisco city tour starts with a walk out onto the Golden Gate Bridge, where you will have fantastic views of the city skyline as your leader shares some local history about this world-renowned landmark. We'll start our gentle hike by strolling away from the bridge and along the Pacific Coast while pelicans soar overhead and barges and sailboats glide into the bay. During your hike, the bridge will often come back into view so that you can really get to know it from all different angles - so don't forget your camera!
Along this rugged coastline you'll enjoy breathtaking cliff top views of the crashing surf from lookout spots such as Land’s End and Eagle’s Point. This San Francisco coast tour will take you along Baker Beach to put your toes in the surf, and here we'll also mix with locals taking a break from city life or chat with fishermen casting lines.
We'll mix things up a bit by taking a break from beach life as we climb the steps into San Francisco’s most exclusive neighbourhood where you will stroll among mansions, manicured gardens, and fine architecture. Few San Francisco tours take you through these different kinds of neighbourhoods, but we like to keep you on your toes here at Urban Adventures!
We'll drop back down to the Pacific’s edge to explore the ruins of Sutro Baths. Dating back to 1896, the baths are the remains of wealthy entrepreneur and former San Francisco mayor Adolph Sutro’s creation and at one time the world's largest indoor swimming pool establishment.
Finish this San Francisco tour off perfectly as you watch the sun sink down on the Pacific after your tour ends.
- Entry to Alcatraz Island
- Self-guided audio tour (in English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Mandarin, Korean and Cantonese)Walking tour:
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food or additional drinks
- Children (5-11 years old): reduced price
Alcatraz Departure Point: Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing, San Francisco.
Walking Tour Departure Point: At the concrete sitting benches in front of the Bridge Cafe, located across from the Welcome Center in the Golden Gate Bridge Southeast Visitor Area.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The date you choose during booking is the date of your Alcatraz Cruise AND the walking tour. See below for info regarding changing the date of your walking tour
- You must provide the names of all participants in your party (as they appear on government issued ID) during booking in order to receive Alcatraz tickets
- Check in at the GROUP SERVICES window at least 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time
- If incomplete information is provided you will not receive tickets, or a refund
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry. Adult guests who do not have ID will not be able to collect tickets
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. The tour date is at 1:30 pm the day following your Alcatraz Tour. If you would like to change the date of the walking tour you must contact the supplier directly via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Dress standard: The weather along the coast can change quickly. Please wear layers, comfortable walking shoes, and be prepared for cool, damp weather if forecasted. Carry at least one litre of water and snacks. Trip will run rain or shine, so be prepared with rain gear!
- Fridays to Sundays at 1.30pm
- Alcatraz Departure Point: Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing, San Francisco
- Walking Tour Departure Point: At the concrete sitting benches in front of the Bridge Cafe, located across from the Welcome Center in the Golden Gate Bridge Southeast Visitor Area
Venture north of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient...
Does the phrase “team building” inspire eye rolling and general skepticism from your workplace colle...
Discover San Francisco’s best bars, pubs, and cafes on this laid-back walking tour of North Beach. K...
Your narrated segway tour will feature spectacular views of San Francisco Bay, Russian Hill, Coit To...
Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Haight Ashbury, Lombard Street, Civic Center, Union Square, Chi...
During the hop-on hop-off Official City Tour, you can see San Francisco with all its major sites inc...
The San Francisco Segway Tour is great for both those new to the city and San Francisco veterans. Th...
Visit three neighborhoods on this San Francisco night segway tour, the most sensational way to see t...
The wonderful thing about San Francisco is its diversity – the diversity of its food, its culture, i...
Explore Yosemite on a three-day Yosemite camping tour that takes you to trails and sights unseen by ...