Aracena and Riotinto mines day tour from Seville
- Travel to the town of Aracena and see the castle and the Cave of Wonders
- Explore the mosque of Almonaster la Real, the Rio Tinto mines and a forest full of chestnut trees
- Visit a farm of wild bulls (optional)
From Seville, we will go to Santponce where we reach the Roman Ampitheater in Italica (open from Tuesday to Sunday). We will then proceed to visit the Biosphere Reserve Dehesas de Sierra Morena. The reserve offers you the chance to see some of the bulls and Iberian pigs which inhabit the area. The tour will then continue to the town of Aracena where you can visit its castle and the Cave of Wonders.
Other important places include the Peña de Arias Montano where we will explore the Mediterranean forest reveling in the stunning environment. Other places to discover among the scenery are the Mosque of Almonaster la Real, the Rio Tinto mines as well as a forest full of chestnut trees. The tour also offers the possibility of visiting a farm of wild bulls.
On this tour you will discover a completely different area to the rest of the world, so much that NASA has set a base to study this mysterious land. Riotinto and its surroundings have been exploited for more than 2,000 years. In all these years many civilizations got the copper, silver and gold content on the ground and changed the landscape of this area so much that it looks like Mars. The main river here runs among the old mining fields, transporting the minerals of the soil. These metallic minerals turn the river into a reddish colour with acidic waters, where life is almost impossible.
After Riotinto mines, we head to Aracena, a small town located in the middle of Sierra Morena. This is the capital city of Natural Park Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche, a paradise for those who seek freedom and peace. Aracena offers our visitors amazing trails through its Dehesas full of cork trees and oaks, where the Iberian pigs live in freedom and peace. Once in Aracena we will visit the “Grutas de las Maravillas”, a natural cave almost 2,000 meters long, full of stalactites and stalagmites formed by the water running in the limestone.
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Optional visit to a farm of wild bulls
- Child 0-3 years old: free
- Youth 4-17 years old: reduced
- Student up to 25 years old: reduced
- Pick-up at your accommodation in Seville or at an accessible place nearby
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The optional visit to the farm of wild bulls has an extra cost of 18€
- Mondays and Fridays at 9.00am
spanish la liga: Sevilla - Deportivo Alavés 03-04-2019 Calle Luis de Morales, 9, 41005 Sevilla, Spai...
spanish la liga: Sevilla - FC Barcelona 24-02-2019 Calle Luis de Morales, 9, 41005 Sevilla, Spain De...
spanish la liga: Sevilla - Espanyol 11-11-2018 Calle Luis de Morales, 9, 41005 Sevilla, Spain Delive...
spanish la liga: Sevilla - Real Madrid 26-09-2018 Calle Luis de Morales, 9, 41005 Sevilla, Spain Del...
spanish la liga: Sevilla - Real Valladolid 25-11-2018 Calle Luis de Morales, 9, 41005 Sevilla, Spain...
spanish la liga: Sevilla - Rayo Vallecano 24-04-2019 Calle Luis de Morales, 9, 41005 Sevilla, Spain ...