- Visit the archaeological site of Italica and its amphitheatre, the third largest in the world
- See also its well known mosaics and "domus"
- Discover the birthplace of the Emperors Trajan and Hadrian
Italica was the first Roman city founded in the Iberian peninsula and the birthplace of the Emperors Trajan and Hadrian. The main building on this archaeological site is the amphitheatre, the third largest in the world with a capacity for 25.000 spectators. Itálica is also well known by its mosaics and "domus".
In this half-day tour you will visit both the Roman Theatre, located in the centre of the village Santiponce, and the archaeological site of Italica. The itinerary also includes a visit to the monastery of San Isidoro del Campo in Santiponce. Italica holds an amphitheatre that was once considered as the largest in the ancient world. It was one of the earliest Roman settlements in Spain and was founded in 206 BC. It became renowned for its military importance in the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD. Throughout the trip you will be lead by the guide who will explain to you the fascinating history behind this famous sight.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Food & drinks
- Child 0-3 years old: free
- Youth 4-17 years old: reduced
- Student up to 25 years old: reduced
Your centrally located hotel in Seville or agreed location
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at 9.30am
Once we have crossed the frontier we will start a panoramic visit, which includes “Punta de Europa”,...
A knowledgeable guide will take you throughout the maze of one of the biggest old Jewish Quarters in...
This walking tour gives you the opportunity to explore the oldest part of the city.Itinerary: - Alcá...
The tour begins in Jerez de la Frontera, world famous for its horses, wines and for to be the cradle...
Discover Italica the first authentically Roman city in Spain, located just 15 minutes from Sevilla. ...
Visit a local olive oil factory to discover all the secrets about the "golden" liquid, probably the ...