Split: Diocletian's Palace walking tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
Split is Croatia's second-largest city of Croatia and the largest in Dalmatia sitting on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea, centered around the Roman Palace of the Emperor Diocletian.For For more than 1700 years, the streets and alleyways of the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace have been continuously inhabited. Home to nobility, adventurers, gentry and common folk, everywhere you look you can still see and feel the centuries.
You will visit:
- Diocletian's Palace, built between 298-305AD and still is one of the finest examples of the architecture of the late Empire.
- Begin in the basement substructure. It is so remarkably preserved that it helped archaeologists understand not only how the palatial buildings above were built and what they were used for.
- The heart of the palace, the Peristil is our stop along with incredible spaces within the former Emperor's quarters. From here you will wander through the four quarters of the palace, stopping to meet a local artist, have an espresso or two and learn the mystery and magic of what makes this palace one of UNESCO's most celebrated World Heritage Sites!
As enjoying life to the fullest is one of the key philosophies of Split lifestyle, your guide will also point out the prime locations in Split for enjoying local foods, wine and espresso, as well as for getting some authentic Split mementos to always remind you of this great day in Split.
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children: 13 years-old and under
Golden/North Gate (near the Statue of Gregory of Nin) – center of the city
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Places of worship and select museums adhere to a dress code. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed; knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Tour requires a minimum of two full price adult bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund.
- Daily: 10.00am and 5.00pm
Have you always wanted to visit the wild nature hidden in some remote corners of Croatia? This tour ...
Don’t miss this perfect opportunity to learn more about the wonderful historical town of Sibenik. Th...
Color your day with a trip to the unique and highly interesting old city of Trogir, only a few kms a...
If you are looking for peace and tranquility far from the maddening crowd, this tour is for you. Rel...
With over 400 bolted rock climbing routes in the Split area, climbers of all ages and experience can...
Make your holidays memorable and take the opportunity to explore Split from the sea in a fun way sui...