Split: Diocletian's Palace walking tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
Split is Croatia's second-largest city of Croatia and the largest in Dalmatia sitting on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea, centered around the Roman Palace of the Emperor Diocletian.For For more than 1700 years, the streets and alleyways of the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace have been continuously inhabited. Home to nobility, adventurers, gentry and common folk, everywhere you look you can still see and feel the centuries.
You will visit:
- Diocletian's Palace, built between 298-305AD and still is one of the finest examples of the architecture of the late Empire.
- Begin in the basement substructure. It is so remarkably preserved that it helped archaeologists understand not only how the palatial buildings above were built and what they were used for.
- The heart of the palace, the Peristil is our stop along with incredible spaces within the former Emperor's quarters. From here you will wander through the four quarters of the palace, stopping to meet a local artist, have an espresso or two and learn the mystery and magic of what makes this palace one of UNESCO's most celebrated World Heritage Sites!
As enjoying life to the fullest is one of the key philosophies of Split lifestyle, your guide will also point out the prime locations in Split for enjoying local foods, wine and espresso, as well as for getting some authentic Split mementos to always remind you of this great day in Split.
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children: 13 years-old and under
Golden/North Gate (near the Statue of Gregory of Nin) – center of the city
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Places of worship and select museums adhere to a dress code. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed; knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Tour requires a minimum of two full price adult bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund.
- Daily: 10.00am and 5.00pm
Croatia's Dalmatian coast is home to one of the country's most beautiful nature parks – Biokovo. And...
If a gentle pace when enjoying heritage is what you're after, then this daytrip to Dubrovnik is the ...
The palette of greens and blues Mother Nature used on Krka National Park was infinite. It's hard not...
The great outdoors don't come any greater than Krka National Park, one of Croatia's wildest natural ...
Amazing landscapes and adrenalin-pumping adventure are the name of the game in this River Cetina raf...
A relaxing boat trip to sun-drenched islands on the Dalmatian coast, homemade lunch served on deck, ...