Agrigento and Piazza Armerina guided tour from Taormina
- Day trip to the UNESCO-listed Valley of the Temples and Villa Romana del Casale
- Discover Sicily's finest ancient Greek and Roman ruins with a guide
- Spend an afternoon at Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina admiring the famous "Bikini Girls" mosaic
Two civilizations - the Greek and the Roman - in one excursion. During this tour you will have the opportunity to visit two antique cities of art, UNESCO World Heritage sites.
You will travel across Sicily by bus with your tour leader and local guide towards the city of Agrigento, located on the southern coast of Sicily and famous for its archaeological park known as "Valley of the Temples": here you will find well-preserved temples built by the Greeks between 510 and 430 B.C.
Upon arrival in Agrigento, visit the Valley of the Temples (Juno, Concordia, Hercules, Zeus, Castor and Pollux). Take a break for lunch (extra), then continue to Piazza Armerina, in the center of Sicily, for a visit to the well-known “Villa Romana del Casale” of about 3,500 square meters. Here you will see the famous Roman mosaics dating back to the 4th century AD.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary
- Multilingual tour leader and local guide services as per program
- Entrance fees (free for EU citizens under the age of 18 and reduced by 50% for EU citizens aged between 18 and 25 years with valid ID).
- Meals, drinks, tips, rentals and extras in general
- Infants (ages (0-2): free
- Children (ages 3-12): 50% reduction
Via Pirandello Luigi, 65, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
The main departure place for all excursions is the Bus Terminal at Via Pirandello in Taormina. Getting out from Porta Messina Arch, take the Via Pirandello on the right and continue down until you reach the Bus Terminal on the right hand. Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before departure time. Pick-up is also available in the areas of Taormina by the sea, Giardini Naxos, Recanati and Letojanni.
Departure every Tuesday and Friday
- April-October: 06.45am
- November-March: 07.00am
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!Your driver will pick you up from your hotel betwee...
Spend a pleasant morning in Taormina learning to prepare delicious Sicilian recipes with the support...
On this excursion, explore Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, a UNESCO site since 201...
On this tour dedicated to shopping in a reconstructed village in the Sicilian architectural style, t...
When you visit the eastern coast of Sicily, Mount Etna is a must-see. Etna is the most active strato...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...