Etna and Alcantara tour from Taormina
- Exciting day trip to Mount Etna, the highest volcano in Europe
- Explore the Alcantara Gorges and its canyons
- Venture back in time with the vintage Circumetnea train
- Visit the upper craters of Mount Etna and take a walk with an Alpine guide
Take a full tour of Mount Etna and explore the various valleys with the possibility to visit the slopes of the craters with the help of an on-board tour leader. Firstly, stop at the Alcantara Gorge and walk along the river bed as you enjoy the natural beauty. Take the "Circumetnea" an old traditional narrow-gauge train that goes around the foot of the volcano reaching the town of Adrano in the south. Then, reach “Rifugio Sapienza” at an altitude of 1,900 meters. Enjoy lunch or snack on your own at a local restaurant. Ascent by cable car up to 2,500 meters and continuing on board jeeps to the authorized crater zones at approximately 3,000 meters with the assistance of licensed guides of the CAI (Italian Alpine Club). Stop to admire the eventual activity of the summit craters in the area of security.
- All ground transportation as per itinerary
- Tour leader and alpine guide services as per program
- Free hotel pick up for the accommodations on the route is also available upon request
- Entrance to Alcantara Gorge
- Meals and drinks
- Other extras
- Infants under 3 years of age: free
- Children 3-12 years of age: reduced
Bus Terminal at Via Pirandello, Taormina
Getting out from Porta Messina Arch, take the Via Pirandello on the right and continue down until you reach the Bus Terminal on the right hand side
Please bring warm clothing and suitable shoes
A great day out, packed with nature & adventures!Your driver will pick you up from your hotel betwee...
Spend a pleasant morning in Taormina learning to prepare delicious Sicilian recipes with the support...
On this excursion, explore Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, a UNESCO site since 201...
On this tour dedicated to shopping in a reconstructed village in the Sicilian architectural style, t...
When you visit the eastern coast of Sicily, Mount Etna is a must-see. Etna is the most active strato...
Discover the Sicilian hinterland and the Tyrrhenian coast by visiting two of the most important citi...