- Climb Masada as the sun rises
- Witness the magnificent view at sun rise over the crisp Dead Sea waters
- Hike in the beautiful Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- Float in the Dead Sea and immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud
On this tour you will see the fortress of Masada, Ein Gedi nature reserve, and the Dead Sea, departing in the early morning hours so that you arrive at Masada in time to see the sunrise gleam over the desert and Jordanian Mountains.
Leaving from Tel Aviv, you’ll drive east past Jerusalem and through the dark desert, all the way to the foot of Masada. As you begin to climb up the Snake Path, a moderate 45-minute hike, the sun will emerge in the east over the mountains, providing a breathtaking view. You’ll reach the top just in time to relax in front of the stunning desert landscape below, and the red sun shimmering off the still waters of the Dead Sea.
Once you’ve had your fill of the wonderful views, you’ll spend some time exploring the archaeological ruins of a castle built in the year 30 BCE by King Herod, and also the place where Jewish rebels famously decided to take their own lives rather than to fall into the hands of the advancing Roman armies. After you descend down the same path, you will find the bus waiting for you, ready to continue the day’s adventures.
You will drive to Ein Gedi, a desert oasis where you can hike at your leisure, and are likely to encounter mountain goats and other creatures among the vegetation. The nature reserve includes a stream of cool running water, leading to various pools and refreshing springs, where you are welcome to bathe on hot days. The last part of the tour is spent at the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. Enjoy the salty waters and rejuvenating therapeutic mud, floating and relaxing for an hour and a half before we return to Tel Aviv.
This must-see Masada Sunrise tour combines some of Israel’s most beautiful and unique places, which can be difficult to get to independently. For many travelers, this experience becomes the highlight of their trip in Israel.
- Transportation to all sites from Tel Aviv
- Entrance to the beach at the Dead Sea
- Breakfast, lunch and drinks
- Masada entrance fees is 28 ILS
- Ein Gedi entrance fees is 28 ILS
- Tour guide, this is a self-guided tour
- Children (aged 0-6)
21 Levontin St, Tel Aviv, 6511604
Meet in the Abraham Hostel lobby.
- Bring a breakfast, water and snacks
- Please also bring a hat and sunscreen, bathing suit and towel and comfortable walking shoes
- Your passport is needed on this tour
- In the unlikely event of there being flooding at Ein Gedi, we will instead go to Qumran or a similar location
- Tour departs daily between 2.00am to 3.00am
- Due to seasonal variations in the sunrise time, the start time of this tour varies throughout the year. Please, check the calendar for the exact start time
Tel Aviv is the cosmopolitan center of Israeli life. This private tour is a perfect opportunity to g...
Meet your private guide at your hotel or at the Jaffa Clock Tower and set out on a walking tour expe...
From Tel Aviv on the Mediterranean to the Beersheba region and Negev, with Sde Boker Mitzpe Ramon an...
Departing from Tel Aviv, you will head to Bethlehem to explore the city before it becomes bustling w...
You will be picked up early in the morning at 06.30am from Tel Aviv and will start heading east to e...
This unique tour offers visitors the opportunity to discover the world of "social Judaism" and its m...