Private Asakusa guided tour with geisha experience
- 1400-year history exploration and a geisha performance with exquisite cuisine
- A private group of 4 guests to ensure a highly personalized experience
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
Step back and forth in time as you navigate the lively streets of Sensoji Temple. Participate in centuries-old rituals at the Temple and the Asakusa Shrine and see what the fates have in store for you with Sensoji’s infamous paper fortunes.
From the hundred-year-old shops and restaurants to the newer entertainment halls of the “Rokku” area, you’ll fall in love with Asakusa’s endless novelties that your guides help bring to life.
As you’re led to the ryotei, a traditionally highly exclusive traditional dining and entertainment venue, your guide will provide you with an in-depth explanation of geisha including the history of geisha art, their training, and of course, proper etiquette to enjoy their exquisite company!
Once you arrive, your geisha for the evening will be waiting for you in their splendid kimono; relax as they expertly pour your sake and let yourself be enthralled by their refined dancing. Your senses will instantly be delighted as you savor authentic and seasonal kaiseki cuisine to the sounds of traditional music. Later, you’ll have the unique opportunity to enjoy their laughter as you play traditional games with them. No Japanese skills are necessary to play games with geisha, but your guide will be available as an interpreter the entire evening should you have any questions.
- Hotel pickup if your hotel is in Asakusa area
- In-depth history tour in Asakusa
- Visit to Sensoji temple
- Dinner at a Japanese traditional fancy restaurant
- Performance and entertainment by 3 geisha
- Certified English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (the guides would not accept them)
- Hotel drop-off
Pick-up from your hotel/accommodation in Asakusa area
Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled time for your pick-up. After booking, you will receive the contact info of the local supplier to arrange the pick-up.
- Dress code: Since we will dine at Japan’s fancy restaurant, follow a dress code you would in your own country. While you don’t need to wear a jacket and tie, stay away from T-shirts, jeans, or shorts
- Photo-taking and video-taking is allowed
- The tour will start on schedule and no refund will be provided
- The minimum age required to participate in the tour is 13
- Since the tour entails a moderate amount of walking it is recommended wearing comfortable shoes
- While vending machines can be found along the way, bringing a bottle of water is always a good idea
- Every day at 2.00pm
Just as Asakusa’s history started by the Sumida river, so do our tours. Step back and forth in time ...
Take a ride on Tokyo’s last operating tram to discover Old Tokyo’s Showa-era atmosphere and the forg...
This private tour will take you to the 5th Station of the iconic Mount Fuji, the highest point reach...
Tokyo Joypolis, the largest indoor theme park in Japan, is a SEGA-themed arcade that primarily cater...
Have a one-day pass to give you full access and enjoy Tokyo DisneySea's seven themed areas namely Lo...
Tokyo Disneyland is the first Disney park outside of the United States. Opened in April 1983, the 11...