Tokyo West-Side bike and food tour
- Discover on your bike the eclectic Tokyo neighborhoods of Nakano, Koenji and Asagaya
- Experience neighbourhood life on a salvaged Japanese 'mamachari' bicycle
- Taste a wide selection of local Japanese snacks along the route
- Let the atmosphere of the city surround you as your guide takes you through the streets
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
Jump on board a salvaged 'mamachari' bicycle and join your guide on a cycling, walking and food adventure in West-Tokyo.
Delve into the eclectic local neighbourhoods of Nakano, Koenji and Asagaya as you pedal to the rythm of everyday life on this all-season, all-weather neighbourhood jaunt.
With the insider knowledge of a seasoned local, nothing's off-limits as we encounter the urban landscapes, neighbourhood attractions and enticing cuisine that gives culturally rich areas their distinctive character.
Test your cycling dexterity through the twisting backstreets, coast along the picturesque Zenpukuji River, enjoy a tailored selection of popular local snacks, experience first-hand Tokyo's unique bicycle parking systems and jostle for counter space with hungry 'salarymen' as we refuel for lunch.
- Typical Japanese style lunch
- 3 snacks from local vendors
- Bottled drink of your choice
- Japanese 'Mamachari' bicycle
- Bike parking fees
- Additional food and drink
- Public transport tickets
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Kōenji Station, 4 Chome-48 Koenjiminami, 杉並区 Suginami City, Tokyo, Japan
The tour will kick-off at Koenji Station (2 stops from Shinjuku) on the JR Train Network. Koenji station is a quiet suburban station with only one main exit. Your guide will be waiting directly outside the ticket gates.
- The minimum age requirement for this group cycling tour is 12 years old
- The minimum height requirement for the Japanese cruiser style bicycles is 140cm
- A basic level of fitness and riding competency is required to fully enjoy this Tokyo cycling tour. Guests should be able to cycle at an easy pace for a total distance of roughly 12km -15km. There'll be plenty of stops for food, drink, photography and exploration along the way
- In the event of rain basic ponchos will be provided but please anticipate getting wet. In EXTREME weather conditions the cycling tour may be cancelled
- Monday - Friday
- At 10.00am
Start off at Ningyocho, a district known for its old traditions and, as you’ll discover right away, ...
While bus tours are very handy in terms of efficiently covering a large area in a short time, this t...
On this day tour perfect for families you'll visit pandas at the zoo, take a rickshaw ride and see a...
Take a ride on Tokyo’s last operating tram to discover Old Tokyo’s Showa-era atmosphere and the forg...
What’s a visit to Japan without wearing the traditional kimono dress? You'll have it all covered wit...
You'll see famous street art in the colorful area of Harajuku and discover some of the hidden locati...
Immerse yourself in the animated district of Tokyo on a tour that will take you through the district...
Step back and forth in time as you navigate the lively streets of Sensoji Temple. Participate in cen...
Have a one-day pass to give you full access and enjoy Tokyo DisneySea's seven themed areas namely Lo...
Tokyo Disneyland is the first Disney park outside of the United States. Opened in April 1983, the 11...