- Treat yourself to an essential tour for the understanding of Venice
- Avoid the queues thanks to a guided tour of the Golden Basilica
- Learn about the symbols and the history of the Basilica’s interiors
- Explore St Mark's Square area and admire the famous Pala D’Oro
Walking Tour of Venice
Have a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. Treat yourself to an essential and multillingual tour for the understanding of Venice.
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
The Golden Basilica tour
For you a guided tour in one of the most incredible cathedrals of the world. On this tour, escorted by a Tour Guide and planned with the Curia of Venice, you will enjoy a full visit of this masterpiece of byzantine art, you'll have the pleasure to discover beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, sitting comfortably while our guide will show you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica.
Admire The Pala d'Oro, exquisite example of the byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones; enjoy the view of the Treasury, a splendor of the religious art collected along the centuries.
The privileged entry and the special collaboration with the Curia of Venice allow us to avoid the queues! Audio-receiver device are included.
- Walking tour throughout Venice + Saint Mark's Basilica tour
- Tour guide
- Privileged entry to avoid the queues at Saint Mark's Basilica
- Children: 0-5 years old free
In front of Yex Exchange office under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square (please refer to the map attached).
- For security reasons backpacks and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica and they have to be left at the free deposit available in Calle San Basso. Travellers are kindly advised to take less bags as possible in order to avoid long lines at the deposit.
- Please note that this first part of the tour will end at around 10.45am, the second part (Basilica) will start at 12.00pm and partipants are kindly requested to get back to the meeting point by 11.45am.
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders).
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the Doge's Palace.
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
- Please note that the tour might be multilingual in Winter season (depending on the number of participants).
- From Monday to Saturday 9.00am
For you a guided tour in one of the most incredible cathedrals of the world. On this tour, escorted ...
Built in 1792 in Neoclassical style following to a competitive public exam won by one of Canova’s fr...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Venice, known as the romantic city, a city of excellence, theatre of memorable loves and libertine a...
A full 2-hour Venice walking tour of the Doge's Palace in Venice should be an absolute must for anyo...
Have a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of V...
Immerse yourself in the mysterious and magic atmosphere when twilight turns into darkness. A night w...
Take a walk through the city of Marco Polo and jump back to Venice during medieval time! You'll star...
On this truly unique and magical one hour gondola guided tour of Venice’s waterways, you will be gua...
A cruise in the Lagoon is a suggestive as well as enjoyable experience, a new and different way to s...