Venice highlights, Murano and Burano: one-day tour
- St. Mark's Basilica: from its east-meets-west onion dome to its dazzling mosaics
- Climb up to the Basilica's famous terrace level
- The beauty of the Venetian lagoon through Murano and Burano
- Live demonstrations in the arts of glassblowing and lacemaking
Discover Venice and its two small islands including the most interesting sites and experiences: Rialto Bridge, St. Mark’s Basilica, a bird’s-eye view of St. Mark’s Square, and the Doge’s Palace are some of the most famous things to see on this tour. We’ll also visit quieter, lesser known locations, then we’ll take you to the small but world-renowned islands of Murano and Burano – and we’ll do it all in one unbelievable day.
We begin your adventure at the Rialto Bridge then embark on a journey through the winding Venetian streets and over its tiny bridges. You will then be escorted you to Marco Polo’s house. Marvel before Renaissance architecture with unmistakably Byzantine influences amidst modern edifices. Now on to the Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Square: skip the long lines of tourists waiting to enter St. Mark’s Basilica and go straight inside. Climb up to the first floor terraces, rarely included on other tours.
Our mainland tour continues at the Doge’s Palace, former home to the Duke of Venice and the city’s courts, before setting off for 1 hour and 30 minutes of free time to explore the area on your own.
Board a comfortable water taxi across the lagoon to the timeless islands of Murano and Burano. The shores of Murano will be your first stop for the second leg of your tour. You’ll learn that it was here Europe’s first mirrors were crafted.
Jump back onboard the boat and we are off to Burano, our final island destination. See the area’s famous multicolored houses huddled tightly together along canal streets with laundry strung between each facing window. Then be treated to Burano’s centuries-old tradition of lacemaking.
A tour like no other. An experience that cannot be rivaled.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark's Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica
- Skip-the-line access and entrance ticket to the Doge's Palace
- Glassmaking demonstration at a factory in Murano with commentary in English
- Lacemaking demonstration at a shop in Burano with commentary in English
- Discount at the glassblowing and lace-making shop where the demonstrations are given (10%+ depending on the item)
- Round-trip transportation by boat
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Children (2-14): reduced
Campo S. Bortolomio, 5396, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
BEST OF VENICE AND DOGE'S PALACE
Meeting point: in front of the bronze statue of a man (Carlo Goldoni) in Campo S. Bortolomio (a.k.a. Campo san Bórtolo and Campo San Bartolomeo), near the San Marco side of the Rialto Bridge.
MURANO AND BURANO
Meeting point: at the statue of a man (Vittorio Emanuele II) on a horse in Riva degli Schiavoni (San Zaccaria vaporetto stop), in front of the lagoon.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues.
- Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. St. Mark's Basilica specifically prohibits large bags, umbrellas, and tripods. These items must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site, so you may miss a portion of the tour to do so.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour; however, photography is prohibited in St. Mark's Basilica.
Meeting time BEST OF VENICE AND DOGE'S PALACE: 8.45am MURANO AND BURANO: 2.15pm Departure time BEST OF VENICE AND DOGE'S PALACE: 9.00am MURANO AND BURANO: 2.30pm
Escape the crowds of Venice with a day-tour excursion to explore the captivating region of Veneto. S...
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
This Museum, dedicated to the thought and works of Leonardo da Vinci, is situated in the heart of Ve...
This private tour of Venice is the perfect one for you if you have limited time to spend in the city...
This is a combination city tour, of 4 of the most popular tours in Venice and the best way to spend ...
Make your way through the narrow alleys of Venice, stopping off to try some local specialities and r...