Venice highlights, Murano and Burano: one-day tour
- St. Mark's Basilica: from its east-meets-west onion dome to its dazzling mosaics
- Climb up to the Basilica's famous terrace level
- The beauty of the Venetian lagoon through Murano and Burano
- Live demonstrations in the arts of glassblowing and lacemaking
Discover Venice and its two small islands including the most interesting sites and experiences: Rialto Bridge, St. Mark’s Basilica, a bird’s-eye view of St. Mark’s Square, and the Doge’s Palace. Then we’ll take you to the small but world-renowned islands of Murano and Burano.
We begin your adventure at the Rialto Bridge then embark on a journey through the winding Venetian streets and over its tiny bridges. You will then be escorted you to Marco Polo’s house. Marvel before Renaissance architecture with unmistakably Byzantine influences amidst modern edifices. Now on to the Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Square: skip the long lines of tourists waiting to enter St. Mark’s Basilica and go straight inside. Climb up to the first floor terraces, rarely included on other tours.
Our mainland tour continues at the Doge’s Palace, former home to the Duke of Venice and the city’s courts, before setting off for 1 hour and 30 minutes of free time to explore the area on your own.
Board a comfortable water taxi across the lagoon to the timeless islands of Murano and Burano. The shores of Murano will be your first stop for the second leg of your tour. You’ll learn that it was here Europe’s first mirrors were crafted.
Jump back onboard the boat and we are off to Burano, our final island destination. See the area’s famous multicolored houses huddled tightly together along canal streets with laundry strung between each facing window. Then be treated to Burano’s centuries-old tradition of lacemaking.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-line access to St. Mark's Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica
- Skip-the-line access and entrance ticket to the Doge's Palace
- Glassmaking demonstration at a factory in Murano with commentary in English
- Lacemaking demonstration at a shop in Burano with commentary in English
- Discount at the glassblowing and lace-making shop where the demonstrations are given (10%+ depending on the item)
- Round-trip transportation by boat
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Campo S. Bortolomio, 5396, 30124 Venezia
Meet us 15 min before the departure of the tour in Campo S.Bortolomio, in front of the bronze statue of a man, near the San Marco side of Rialto Bridge. Our coordinators will hold a sign with the name of the tour for easy recognition.
After lunch break, make your way to the meeting point at 2.15pm for the Murano and Burano tour. Meet us in front of the lagoon (San Zaccaria vaporetto stop), by the statue of Vittorio Emanuele II on a horse, in Riva degli Schiavoni.
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark's Basilica
- We are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance, nor strollers or baby carriages
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour except in St. Mark's Basilica
Venice morning tour
Meeting time: 8.45am
Departure time: 9.00am
Murano and Burano afternoon tour
Meeting time: 2.15pm
Departure time: 2.30pm
Discover the secret corners of Venice from a double perspective on a 2-hour sightseeing tour on foot...
Explore the most dissolute and sensual secrets of Venice with our private walking tour through the p...
The region of Venice offers many of the best wines in Italy and if you are staying in Venice for jus...
It is estimated that there were 8-10 thousand gondolas operating on the canals of Venice during the ...
Make your stay in Venice unforgettable with a dinner show evening at the magical and unique Theatre ...
This is a combination city tour, of 4 of the most popular tours in Venice and the best way to spend ...