Excursion to Salzburg from Vienna in a small group
- Travel in a small group of no more than 8 people
- See beautiful landscape and stop where the big busses only drive by
- Explore Salzburg's gorgeous old town with a local expert guide
See the sights of Salzburg on a full-day tour from Vienna. You'll travel in small group of no more than 8 people. Our intimate tour will take you through the breathtaking scenery of the Vienna Woods, with the peaks of the Alps in the distance, and on to the stunning Austrian lake district.
Stop where the big tour buses only drive by: dip your toes in crystal-clear Lake Attersee and take a stroll around the lakeside village of St. Gilgen at lake Wolfgangsee, that became a famous location with the movie "The Sound of Music."
Then discover Salzburg's lovely Old Town with your guide on a comprehensive walking tour. Hear intriguing stories about Salzburg's famous inhabitants as you pass Mozart's birthplace, the colorful gardens of Mirabell Palace, the cemetery of the Abbey of St. Peter, Salzburg Cathedral and the Archbishop’s Palace.
After the walking tour treat yourself to a delicious lunch, or enjoy a quick bite at a sausage stand if your prefer. Spend the remaining afternoon in Salzburg, before your drive back to Vienna.
You have to come to the meeting point, but a contribute of up to 12,00 Euro to reach the meeting point is included in the tour price.
Attention: the tour departs only if a minimum of 2 participants is registered.
- Full-day guided tour from Vienna to Salzburg in English
- Travel in small group of maximum 8 participants
- Tour of the Lake Region (Attersee, St. Gilgen, Fuschlsee, etc.)
- Guided walking tour in Salzburg
- Free time in Salzburg for lunch and shopping
- Contribute to the taxi fee in order to reach the meeting point (up to max. EUR 12.- per person)
- Hotel drop off for central Vienna hotels (postcodes 1010-1090)
- Lunch (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Admission fees (optional)
Tegetthoffstraße 7, 1010 Wien, Austria
- Behind the Vienna State Opera House, in front of the Vienna Tourist information office
- If you want to stay in Salzburg we can drop you off at your hotel there
- The tour departs at 7:30am and lasts 12 hours
- Transfer to the central tour meeting point by taxi
- 07:30am Tour start - Travel past the Vienna Woods and Melk Abbey to Linz
- 09:30am Stop for coffee and cake (at own expense) - ca. 30 minutes
- 10:50am Photo Stop at Lake Attersee - ca. 15 minutes
- 11:30am Explore Lakeside Town St. Gilgen - ca. 30 minutes
- 12:30pm Guided Walking Tour of Salzburg's Old Town - ca. 1,5 hours
- 02:00pm Free time in Salzburg for lunch, shopping and sightseeing - ca. 2,5 hours
- 04:30pm Departure for Vienna
- ca. 7:30pm Arrival in Vienna
- Hotel Drop-Off
The three-hour flat terrain bike ride takes you to the most famous sights surrounding the Old Town. ...
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Perspectives are not given – you find them! Two young Viennese photographers, Andi and Jakob, have t...