Behind the Capitol building lies a vibrant neighborhood filled with historic houses, unique eateries, boutiques, the first Marine Corp barracks, and the city's oldest food market.
Some of the sites you'll see along the way include:
- The controversial Emancipation statue in Lincoln Park
- Some of the most beautiful (and expensive) row houses in the District
- Sample the best homemade pop-tarts
- Visit a Civil War navy hospital
- See the home of the Commandant of the Marines and the 8th & I Barracks, the oldest in the Corp.
- Visit the food and artists stalls at Eastern Market, the city's oldest market