The National Air and Space Museum will teach you everything about the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings. You’ll visit the Apollo 11 Command Module exhibit and get to see actual moon rocks, the National Air and Space Museum has some of the most extraordinary artifacts. At the museum, there will be early models of planes like the Wright Brother’s aircraft and the Spirit of St. Louis, which crossed the Atlantic Ocean before such an accomplishment was possible. You will uncover the facts on the disappearance of well-known pilot Amelia Earhart as well. Visit a real space shuttle and see spacesuits worn by astronauts working on the Hubble telescope and discover the history of the pioneering program that through innovation and technology that made it possible to land a man on the moon. Before you depart from the tour, grab some freeze-dried ice cream in the gift shop to top off the astronaut experience.
Sightseeing & traditions
Semi-Private tour of the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Learn about the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings
- Visit a real space shuttle and see space suits worn by astronauts
- See the Apollo 11 Command Module exhibit and get to see actual moon rocks
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Semi-private guided tour
- Expert guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Youth (ages 10-17)
- Children (ages 0-9)
601 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20597, USA
Please meet by the sculpture in front of the Jefferson Ave. entrance to the National Air and Space Museum.
What to remember
- Semi-private tours have 8 guests per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Semi-private tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be oﬀered if the minimum is not met)
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. A semi-private tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures occur without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, there will be no refunds or discounts
- At checkout, please provide full names, mobile phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip
- Cancellation policy: Guests can cancel up to 72 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund. Otherwise, guests can reschedule for a fee, depending on the tour and the availability
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Babylon Tours Inc.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the experience begins.