- Stay overnight at Cedar Lodge along the Merced River
- Spend two full days exploring Yosemite Valley
- Bring your camera for panoramic photos at Glacier Point and Sequoias
Escape to the mountains for two full days of hiking, sightseeing and exploring in the amazing natural wilderness of Yosemite National Park!. In the valley, you’ll have the opportunity to visit and photograph such famous highlights as Yosemite Falls (the tallest waterfall in North America), El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Fall, and Inspiration Point.
Beyond the valley, you will take a trip to the awe-inspiring Glacier Point and enjoy a hike among the Giant Sequoias. You will have two days to explore, giving you more time and flexibility to see all the sights. Your guide stays with the group throughout the tour, providing valuable knowledge of the history of Yosemite and a more personal experience of the park during your trip. Slip away to Yosemite park with us for two full days of fun and exploration!
Cedar Lodge is situated in the picturesque Merced River canyon, on the edge of the river in the southern half of the Yosemite National Park area. The lodge has such creature comforts as a restaurant, bar, two swimming pools, a jacuzzi, and private beach access on the Merced River. The river flows cold and heavy in the spring and early summer but is comfortable to swim in during August and September. Room amenities include non-smoking rooms, handicap-accessible rooms, indoor and outdoor pools and spa on site, remote cable TV with CNN and HBO, coffee, hair dryers
This tour is weather permitting. Some activities are not accessible in extreme weather or due to road closures. Every attempt will be made to find comparable activities if these options are not available during your trip.
Itinerary: Day 1
6.00am – 7.00am: Pick up from San Francisco hotels
7.00am – 11.30am: Cross the Bay Bridge and see Alcatraz and Angel Island. Travel through Oakland and the East Bay, then on to the Central Valley. There will be a quick stop at a local fruit stand to pick up some fresh produce and an opportunity to buy lunch in advance (not included). Travel through the Gold Country and Sierra Foothills.
Approx. 11.30am: Arrive at Yosemite National Park. Hike to the Giant Sequoia Grove to enjoy your picnic lunch, and wander among the trees.
1.30pm – 3.00pm: Enjoy a narrated, guided tour through Yosemite’s glaciated valley with its famous waterfalls and rock formations from the comfort of the mini-coach (with a few photo-stops) as you descend into Yosemite Valley, and learn some history about this amazing park.
3.00 – 6.00pm: Stop for the afternoon near the base of Yosemite Falls (if you are staying at Yosemite Lodge, you can check in or leave your luggage at this time). Your guide will provide a choice of activities that may include, a walk to the base of the falls, time at the main visitor’s center, The Ansel Adams Gallery, The Majestic Yosemite (previously Ahwanhee) Hotel, swimming or relaxing along the river, biking or hiking.
6.00pm – ?: Meet as a group for dinner (not included), or spend more time exploring the park on your own.
Approx. 8.00am: Be packed, fed and ready for departure to spend the day in Yosemite. Breakfast (not included) is served at both hotels; get fueled up for a great day ahead.
8.00am – 4.30pm: Drive as a group to Glacier Point for views of Yosemite Valley from high up in the mountains! Here you have the option to hike back to the Valley or return in the van and have a full free day in Yosemite Valley. You get to choose. There are loads of different hiking options, from short easy walks to long, strenuous ones. Your guide will give you all the details. You can also choose to check out the main visitor’s center, The Ansel Adams Gallery, The Ahwanhee Hotel, spend time by the river, or rent a bike.
4.00pm – 4.30pm: Regroup and head to the base of El Capitan to spot climbers.
9.00 – 9.30pm: Arrive in San Francisco after stopping for a bite to eat. Enjoy the skyline of San Francisco as you cross the Bay Bridge and return you to your lodging.
*Please note: Due to rapidly-changing conditions beyond control (weather, crowds, traffic) and the small size of vehicles/groups, guides are allowed the the flexibility to tailor your itinerary to best suit the needs of the group. While it is guaranteed that they’ll do their best to provide you with all of the highlights within this itinerary (conditions permitting), it is not guaranteed in this specific order
- Complimentary pickup/drop off from your San Francisco hotel
- Full-time professional, knowledgeable guide
- Transportation to/from Yosemite in biofueled mini-coach
- Yosemite Park entrance fee
- Narrated guided tour
- 1 Night Stay at the Cedar Lodge
- Meals (stops will be made to purchase food)
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- Children 0-12
Please arrive 15 minutes at your pickup location before your scheduled pickup time at selected hotel.
- Hotel pickup confirmation required for this tour. You must call at least 24 hours prior to departure to set exact pickup time and location
- Each passenger may bring one soft-sided overnight bag or regular-sized day pack with them on the vehicle. The under-seat storage space will accept ~13.5″x12″x11″ if the item is hard-sided; slightly larger if it is soft-sided
- If you must bring more/larger luggage, please be aware that you’ll need to pay for a seat on the vehicle to store it during your trip
- No luggage or gear may be placed in the aisle
- Most hotels in San Francisco will store your larger luggage after check-out or before check-in (some charge a fee for this service*)
- All Season:
- Small, soft-sided overnight bag only (approx airline carry-on size*)
- Camera & Charger
- Sneakers or hiking boots (mountain hiking can be hard on unsupported ankles)
- Comfortable hiking clothes (shorts & T-shirt)
- Change of clothes for relaxing at the hotel
- Swimwear & Towel
- Sun protection & bug spray
- Water bottle
- Warm layers (evenings can be cooler)
- Early Spring/Late Fall: (additionally)
- Hiking boots or durable sneakers (preferably Gortex or waterproof)
- Warm layers (long underwear & wool fleece suggested)
- Waterproof jacket/pants for winter conditions
- Gloves, wool socks and a hat (75% of your body heat is lost through your hands, head, and feet
- April - October
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Departs between 6.00am-7.00am
Yosemite is a magnificent wilderness only a few hours’ drive from San Francisco. A Yosemite Day Tour...
Explore Yosemite on a three-day Yosemite camping tour that takes you to trails and sights unseen by ...
Escape to the mountains for two full days of hiking, sightseeing and exploring in the amazing natura...
Join the Yosemite winter hotel tour. Immerse yourself in the beauty and solitude of Yosemite Nationa...
US Open - Day: Quarter Finals - Day 04-09-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 1136...
US Open - Evening: 2nd Round - Evening 29-08-2018 8 Flushing Meadows Pedestrian Bridge, Corona, NY 1...