Bern tour from Zurich
- Visit the capital of Switzerland and see the countryside surrounding it
- Drive through Switzerland's first UNESCO Biosphere
- Visit the Kambly Experience and taste Switzerland's best-known premium biscuit
- Informative walk through the Old Town, a designated UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site
- Visit the Show Diary and enjoy a cheese tasting
Visit Bern, the capital of Switzerland. This tour follows a scenic route, passing through stunning landscapes and the rural Entlebuch and Emmental valleys. Pay a visit to the Kambly Experience to taste some delicious premium biscuits and the Emmental cheese factory for a sample of the cheese.
Travel in a comfortable minibus with a small group. Enjoy the scenic drive through the unspoiled moorlands and idyllic alpine pastures of the Entlebuch valley, which is Switzerland's first UNESCO Biosphere. Crossing the border to the Emmental valley, you reach the Kambly Experience. Learn about the origins of Switzerland's best-known premium biscuit brand and watch the master confectioners at work. Indulge in unique flavors and try as many biscuits of the tantalizing variety as you like.
Continue through typical Bernese backcountry towards the Swiss capital Bern. Time for an informative walk through the charming Old Town, a designated UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Marvel at the late Gothic Cathedral (Münster), stroll under the arcades of the clock tower (Zytglogge) and pay a visit to the Parliament building overlooking the beautiful Aare River.
Next, you will have some leisure time for lunch and souvenir shopping. The tour will continue through the fascinating rural landscape with its rich heritage. The impressively vast roofs shelter the typical Emmental farmhouses. See grazing cows on green hills producing the best milk that is the principal ingredient for the world famous Emmentaler cheese. Stop at the show dairy right on time for the highlight of the day. Through the window, you can watch the cheese masters taking out the fresh cheese from the pot by hand. Afterwards, you learn about the traditional production of an Emmentaler AOP during the cheese tasting. After that, you’ll drive back to Zurich.
- Live guide in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers)
- Visit of Kambly Experience with biscuit tasting
- Guided city walk in Berne
- Visit of Emmental show dairy with cheese tasting
- Personal expenses
- Tour is not suitable for children under the age of 6
- Rate for children from 6 to 15 years: Half price
Limmatstrasse 4, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The departure place, the Sihlquai Coach Terminal, is located behind the train station next to the hotel Walhalla (Limmatstrasse 5). The meeting point is a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" signs.
- From November to April: Every Saturday at 8.30am
- From May to October: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 8.30am
On this two-hour classic city tour you get to discover Zurich, the business and cultural center of S...
This enchanting morning tour takes you on a scenic route to Northern Switzerland and shows you the s...
Don't miss the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Take this thrilling and unforgettable full-day excur...
This full day excursion will take you to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Locat...
Enjoy a cozy night in Zurich on this evening tour! After a short introductory city tour get out of t...
This half-day tour brings you from the city of Zurich, or from its airport, to the medieval Castle L...