Wine tasting with hazelnuts, cheese and cooking class at Cascina Langa
- Visit a historic Piedmont farmstead
- Discover the best hazelnuts in Italy
- Taste wines including Dolcetto and Barbera Riserva
- Enjoy lunch with local meats, cheeses and sweets
- Take a short Piedmont cooking class
As a farmstead born over 200 years ago, this property encompasses an enormous amount of land that has since been divided into various farms covered in hazelnut trees organically harvested since 1999 and fruit orchards. Visiting Cascina Langa is really a unique experience. You arrive at the top of the highest hill of the region, allowing you to see this Unesco World Heritage location with different eyes. Enter into a world that seems far away from reality that will allow you to escape your daily stress and revel in the beauty of nature and good food and drink.
Furthermore, the farmstead is famous in Italian literature thanks to Giuseppe Fenoglio, the great writer from Alba, who wrote about this land many times and lived in exile upon this very property in the winter of 1944-45.
Since 1999, the Viglione Family has been taking care of and organically harvesting the hazelnut trees, fruit orchards and herbs found on the land (certified ICEA organic).
For both of the available options, the tour will begin with a visit to the hazelnut trees where you will learn about their history and cultivation. Enjoy this unparalleled landscape as you walk along the trails. Both options then proceed with a delicious lunch in the Cascina Langa dining room either inside or outside depending on the weather. Your lunch includes tastings of:
- Silvio Pistone cheeses (at least six)
- Edoardo Sobrino and Ezio Cerruti wines (one glass per person with a choice between Dolcetto, Barbera Riserva, dry Moscato, Passito and hazelnut liquor)
- Mauro Musso pasta
- Hazelnuts and local made desserts
- Fresh meats from Macello Sirio di Benevello (2 km from Cascina Langa)
- Wood oven baked bread locally made
At the lunch, there will be present, upon request, some producers of the various foods offered to teach the guests about their respective products and the history of the land.
- Tour plus lunch and wine tasting: an experience that allows the guests to learn about and understand how local food products are made along with the history of the land and its people. The experience is constructed through the use of food, wine and especially story telling.
- Tour plus lunch and wine tasting with short cooking class (Laboratorio de Le officine del gusto): this experience is similar to the first but includes a brief cooking lesson in Piedmont cuisine such as pasta making, hazelnut desserts, meatballs, local bread and food conservation techniques. This class can be designed for families with children or for groups of adults.
- Visit to the Cascina Langa farmstead
- Lunch with local products including meats and cheeses
- Wine tasting with wines such as Dolcetto, Barbera Riserva and more
Via Cappelletto, 36, Trezzo Tinella, CN, Italia
Four connection lines between Langhe and Roero, with on board narration: the tourist service of a me...
Josetta Saffirio owns 5 hectares most of which dedicated to Nebbiolo in the Barolo cru of ‘Castellet...
At the Coste di Bussia-Tenuta Arnulfo wine estate near the beautiful village of Monforte d'Alba, you...
Josetta Saffirio's has an ancient history, as sweet as the hills on which she was born. A history th...
Inside the MÚSES, a unique technology and sensory museum in Europe, you will be able to keep alive t...
From the magical and unrepeatable combination of a unique land and a passion for wine making, the Fr...