Truffle hunting experience in La Morra, Piedmont
- The most exciting experience for truffle lovers
- Let an expert truffle hunter, together with his dog, lead the group into the woods to seek out this precious product
- Enjoy an optional brunch and truffle tasting
- A real truffle hunt excursion in La Morra (Piedmont)
This is the most exciting experience for truffle lovers in La Morra (Cuneo), Bassa Langa with a nice view on the Alta Langa and Roero and on the backside the view to the Marittime Alps, the Cottian Alps and the Graie Alps. With the Monte Viso in first place and to his feet a vast view to the planside from Cuneo to Turin.
A hunter accompanied by his dog will lead the group into the woods to seek out the precious underground tuber, guided only by the dog´s sense of smell and the intuition resulting from years of experience. The hunt will be preceded by a meeting with an expert, who will provide all the informations essential to understand how, where and why truffles grow.
Marco Varaldo is a“trifolao“ (truffle hunter) from La Morra in Piedmont and arranges truffle hunts with his dogs since more than 10 years, during the day or at night, directly in the wood called “tartufaia”. The tour lasts approximately two hours passing vineyards, fields of hazelnuts so arriving in the private “tartufaia”.
The excursion starts with the welcoming of the tourists with the spectacular panoramic views of La Morra and the Alta Langa. There will be first a check of the equipment, after which, Marco will give an introduction to the hunting experience.
Once ready, the hunt will start, following down the path between vineyards and hazelnut fields, admiring the flowering nature in the spring, the green and shady plants of the warm summer and the gorgeous colours of the autumn.
Trickling the fancy of the people with stories of truffle from his grandfather´s time until today they reach the truffle forest, called “tartufaia”, where the dog becomes the leader. You will follow him on the small paths in the forest until he will find a precious truffle. Than you can feel and see the verve and enthusiasm of the truffle hunter and his dog when they individuate and take it out of the ground, being careful for not to damage the truffle and the ground around it.
Continuing to explain and answer all questions of the curious tourists, we go ahead following the dog with his infallible nose and hope to find more truffles.
At the end, it is possible to buy the truffle founded during the hunt. The truffle hunter can give you some advises how to storage and prepare the truffle and where you can go to taste it with a good local menu which helps you to understand the flavour and the taste of fresh truffle.
You can decide to enjoy truffle hunting only or add a typical brunch with truffle tasting in the woods with an amazing view on the village of La Morra.
Tour in the dark:
- For small groups with no more than 4 people there's also the possibility to do a tour by night.
- Tour starts after dinner (around 10.00pm) or in the early morning (5.00am).
- After the morning tour it's possible to enjoy a truffle brunch
- 2 hours truffle hunt excursion guided by a truffe hunter and his dog
- Explanations from the truffle hunter about what is truffle, where it grows, when it grows, why it grows...
- Translator, boots, truffle tasting (all optional)
- Pick up at the hotel
- Trekking clothes
- Something to eat or drink
- Child (0-15): free of charge
15 Regione Serra Denari, La Morra, Piemonte (Piedmont)
At the parking area under the tower of the former brick factory
- Equipment you need: individual trekking equipment requested, especially waterproof walking- shoes for walking on an irregular ground which may be muddy. You walk in the forest!
- In the case of bad weather the brunch will take place in a restaurant nearby
- Possible to rent rubber boots + new socks (if you choose this option you will be asked to provide your shoes size at the time of booking)
- If you like we can provide a trekking pole. In case of drizzle or a bit of rain you need a rain jacket.
- In case of strong rain we will provide an alternative date for the tour
- The truffle hunt will last approximately 2 hours
- You have the possibility to choose an interpreter in English, German, French, Russian or Chinese language to accompany you during the hunting (extra cost)
- Minimum 2, maximum 15 people
- Gladly the tourist can bring his dog, off- leashed. Please inform us before!
- For bigger groups request please send us an email at email@example.com
- All year, every day of the week weather permitting. The type of truffle changes during the year!
- Departure times: 5.00am, 9.00am, 10.00am, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm, 5.00pm, 10.00pm
- Meeting 10 minutes before departure
Four connection lines between Langhe and Roero, with on board narration: the tourist service of a me...
At the Coste di Bussia-Tenuta Arnulfo wine estate near the beautiful village of Monforte d'Alba, you...
As a farmstead born over 200 years ago, this property encompasses an enormous amount of land that ha...
Durante questa esperienza scoprirai i più importanti e prestigiosi Nebbiolo delle Langhe, classifica...
Il tour inizierà con la visita guidata del territorio, dove sarà possibile ammirare tutta la catena ...
Appuntamento presso l'azienda biodinamica Josetta Saffirio a Monforte d'Alba, nella zona di produzio...