Early Picasso Museum guided visit and Gothic Quarter tour
- A walking tour to discover the history of Barcelona along the Gothic Quarter
- A guided visit of the Picasso Museum
- You will understand Picasso's artistic evolution, always in parallel to his biography.
The name of Barcelona comes from the Latin language, specifically from Barcino. This was the name the romans gave to their foundation. Some remains of this primitive settlement are still visible at the Gothic Quarter, where we will take you to discover more things about the history of the city through its medieval cobbled and tortuous streets. You will learn more things about some of the most important places in the city, like les Rambles and the Cathedral.
The next part of the tour is the Born’s neighbourhood, where we will enjoy the fabulous view of Santa Maria del Mar church, built in a superb gothic stile. Between narrow streets we will find the Picasso Museum. This is the only museum that has been created whilst the painter was still alive, and it’s an interesting place to appreciate the beginning of his career.
During the guided tour you will understand Picasso’s artistic evolution, always in parallel to his biography. At the end of the tour you can remain inside Picasso Museum as long as you like.
- Bilingual or monolingual guide
- Radio guide system
- Guided walking tour of the Gothic Quarter
- Entrance fee and guided visit in the Picasso Museum
- Guided walking tour in Born Quarter
- Entrance to Barcelona Cathedral and to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar
- Entrance to Palau de la Música Catalana.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Infant 0-5 years: free
- Children 6-10 years: reduced
Julià Travel Tours & Tickets office at 54th of Ramblas (Rambla dels Caputxins)
JULIÀ TRAVEL - TOURS & TICKETS OFFICE - Ramblas 54, Barcelona
- Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour, comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- It is recommended not to carry backpacks. If you take them you must leave them at the box office to access the museum
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- From November 2019 to March 2020: Friday and Saturday at 8.30am
- From April to October 2020: Daily, except Monday and Sunday at 8.15am
- From November 2020 to March 2021: Friday and Saturday at 8.15am
- Blackout dates: 1 January, 1 and 18 May, 24 June, 25 December
Located in the centre of Barcelona’s historic old town, the MACBA has more than 20,000 square metres...
The Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum is located in the centre of Barcelona in the Mornau Palace. An impo...
Barcelona Articket invites you to take a fascinating journey through the art at the six best museums...
Human Bodies is so much more than an exhibition or an anatomy class. It’s an unforgettable experienc...
The Fran Daurel Museum houses over 300 works by different internationally-renowned artists from a wi...
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya is located in the Palau Nacional of Montjuïc, constructed for ...
The History Museum of Catalonia was opened in 1996 by the Generalitat and it's situated in the antiq...
The Erotic Museum of Barcelona (MEB) is unique in the whole of Spain. It offers a large historical a...
Experience the artistic masterpieces of Gaudí with this premium small group tour in a luxury minibus...
Join this 3-hour walking gourmet and historical guided tour through El Born and Gothic neighborhoods...