- Don't miss the first international exhibition dedicated to Gala
- Admire more than 180 works from around the world that reconstruct Gala’s complex and fascinating character
- Follow Salvador Dalí’s evolution as a painter and discover an important collection of his work
The exhibition will unveil a Gala who camouflaged herself as a muse while forging her own path as an artist: she writes, imagines and creates her own image, in addition to playing an essential role in Dalí's artistic development.
This exposition allows you to follow Salvador Dalí’s evolution as a painter and brings together an important collection of his work. The exhibition will also present a selection of paintings, drawings and photographs by other artists who were part of this surrealist universe, such as Max Ernst, Picasso, Man Ray, Cecil Beaton and Brassaï.
Never before has an exhibition dedicated to Gala been proposed at an international level.
- Salvador Dalí. Dream caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegrate one second before awakening, c. 1944. Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid. © Salvador Dalí, Fundació Gala-Salvador Dali, VEGAP, Barcelona, 2018
- Salvador Dalí. Portrait of Gala with two lamb chops in equilibrium upon her shoulder. C. 1934. Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, Figueres © Salvador Dalí, Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, VEGAP, Barcelona, 2018
- Salvador Dalí and Gala working on the “Dream of Venus” pavilion. 1939. Eric Schaal © Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, Figueres, 2018. Image Rights of Gala and Salvador Dalí reserved. Fundació Gala-Salvador Dalí, Figueres, 2018
About the museum:
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya takes visitors on an uninterrupted journey through a thousand years of Catalan art from the 10th to the 20th centuries. The museum houses the world’s finest collection of Romanesque frescoes and works by the leading exponents of the Catalan art nouveau movement, modernisme, including Gaudí and Casas. The new Renaissance and baroque displays opened in January and feature works by the leading European painters of the time, including Titian, Velázquez and El Greco. A visit to the rooftop viewing point, with its panoramic views of the city, is the perfect way to round off your visit.
- According to the ticket type you choose:
- Entrance to the "Gala Salvador Dalí" exhibition
- Entrance to the "Gala Salvador Dalí" exhibition and the permanent collection
- Guided visit
- Audio guide
- Under 16 years old and over 65 years old: free
Palau Nacional of Montjuïc
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya is located in the Palau Nacional of Montjuïc. Underground L1and L3 / Pl. Espanya; Buses 55, 150, 13, 37
- Free entrance: Saturdays from 3.00pm onwards; the first Sunday of each month; 12 February (Santa Eulàlia); 18 May (the International day of Museums); 11 September (the national day of Catalonia); 24 September (Day of la Mercè)
"Gala Salvador Dalí": From 6 July to 14 October
Winter opening times
- October to April: Tuesday to Saturday from 10.00am to 6.00pm; Sundays and public holidays from 10.00am to 3.00pm
Summer opening times
- May to September: Tuesday to Saturday from 10.00am to 8.00pm; Sundays and public holidays from 10.00am to 3.00pm
Mondays closed, except public holidays
Annual closing: 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
The ticket offices close 30 minutes before the museum closes. The rooms are emptied 15 minutes before
El Museo Nacional de Arte de Cataluña se encuentra en el Palau Nacional de Montjuïc, construido para...
El MACBA, situado en el centro histórico de Barcelona, abarca una superficie de más de 20.000 m² ded...
El Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum está situado en el centro de Barcelona, en el Palau Mornau, un edifi...
The History Museum of Catalonia was opened in 1996 by the Generalitat and it is located in the antiq...
"Paseando con Gaudí" es una forma entretenida e indispensable de conocer la obra de este gran arquit...
Esta ruta a pie te permitirá descubrir la historia de Barcelona, desde la época romana, pasando por ...
Únete a un cómodo autobús para escapar del bullicio de la ciudad de Barcelona y deja que tu experto ...
Si tu artista favorito es Pablo Picasso, ¡este tour está hecho para ti! Reúnete con tu a guía en fre...
Este emocionante tour nocturno de 3 horas incluye un paseo por Barcelona para degustar auténticas ta...
Transpórtese del bullicio y ajetreo de la ajetreada Barcelona a uno de los tramos más hermosos de la...