Montserrat Express half-day tour from Barcelona
- Explore the world famous Monastery, immersed in the rugged nature of the area, and the iconic black Madonna
- Arrive before most of the other visitors with comfortable private transportation from Barcelona
- Your expert local English-speaking guide will enrich your visit telling you all about the history of the area
On this half day tour you will depart ahead of tthe crowds from the centre of Barcelona allowing you to arrive at Montserrat before most other visitors. This precious time advantage allows you to enjoy a better experience and avoid the daily queues that form in front of the Benedictine Monastery and of the world famous Black Madonna statue.
Your transfer in a comfortable, air-conditioned bus will only last about one hour and during this time your guide will tell you all about the history about this fascinating site. The sight of the surrounding nature is absolutely breathtaking; take it all in as you do a brief orientation tour on arrival, and as your guide takes you to the Monastery. Wonder at the majesty of the Basilica with its gothic architecture.
See the famous Black Madonna, believed by some to have been carved in Jerusalem in the late 12th Century. This Romanesque statue, entirely made of wood, is linked to a mysterious legend, according to which the Benedictine monks could not move the statue to build the monastery and were therefore forced to build around it, becoming soon a pilgrimage site.
- Return transportation in air-conditioned bus from Barcelona to Montserrat
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (2-14 years old): Reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): Free
Plaça Espanya, 9999, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
In Plaça d’Espanya, under the Torres Venecianes, in Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina
- This service ends at Plaça d’Espanya
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Entrance into the Montserrat Monastery requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Meeting Time: 07:45
- Departure Time: 08:00
Nakadia & Victor Fernandez Genres: Techno,Tech house Lines Up: Nakadia Atmospheres: Underground,Inte...
Entradas no reembolsables // Tickets Non refundable. Tuesday Nights brinEVERY TUESDAY THE OFFICIAL E...
Format: B Highgrade Recordings | Stil Vor Talent | Opossum Recordings MotorFunk Ambassadors for life...
INPUT pres MICHAEL KLEIN Percussive and rhythmic grooves are what defines the unique sound of Michae...
PRIVATE CLUB / ID NEEDED Private Club / Essential DNI Registration of new members at the door on the...
Nicole Moudaber is an event promoter, record label founder, radio host, and one of the most passiona...