Peking Opera Experience at Liyuan Theatre
- Enjoy the Peking Opera show at one of Beijing's best theatresFollow the plot with the help of English subtitlesVisit the performers' make-up room and see their make-up process
The storylines reference many aspects of Chinese culture and performance consists of beautiful painted sets, exquisite costumes, graceful gestures, martial arts and of course opera singing. The Liyuan Theatre presents traditional opera, exceptionally designed in short programs, yet maintaining the essence of the original works. The theatre has been home to the traditional Peking Opera since 1990 and it's one of the leading opera venues located in the birthplace of Chinese Opera, Beijing.
If you arrive there a little bit earlier (23-30 minutes) before the show, you will have the chance to see the performers making up in the dressing room.
- Admission fee
- TipsPersonal expensesTransfer services
- Transfer services are not provided, please make your own way to the theatre.
- The subway is very convenient. If you take subway please choose Line 7 and get off at the Hufangqiao station and exit from Gate C. It will take less 10 minutes to get the Liyuan Theatre from the Hufangqiao subway station.
Address in English:
Inside the Qianmen Jianguo Hotel. 175 Yongan Road, Xicheng District, Beijing.
Address in Chinese:
- You will meet our staff holding a signboard with your name in front of the theatre to receive your ticket. Please arrive 30 minutes before the show start to redeem your ticket.
- If you can't arrive before the show starts. please call the emergency number otherwise the guide will leave the theater and you won't have your ticket.
- The show begins at 19:30 and ends at 20:40.
What to wear:
- Modest, comfortable set of clothes
- Good pair of shoes
When daylight fades in Beijing, neon lights mix with traditional red lanterns to create a lively yet...
Discover the rich culture and heritage of Beijing on this bus tour! Imagine being inside the undergr...
Spend an unforgettable evening in Beijing experiencing two of the most renown activities of the regi...
The bustling city of Beijing in China has a lot more to offer aside from modern facilities and skysc...
This tour is the perfect option to visit several of the most attractive tourist sites in Beijing. It...
The Temple of Heaven was used several times annually when the emperor, bearing the sins of the Chine...