DO THIS BECAUSE...
- Walking tour discovering Bologna city centre and markets
- Cooking lesson at a Bolognese house learning the secrets of local recipes
- Lunch at an ancient Trattoria with a glass of Lambrusco wine
WHAT TO EXPECT
Bologna is the true Italian "foodie" capital renowned worldwide for its cuisine. It's the hometown of mortadella, tagliatelle, ragu' and, above all, super delicious tortellini.
Of course...true tortellini are homemade, and in this cooking class/tour combination, you can have the opportunity to experience a special pasta-making session at Lucia's home. Learning how to create fresh tortellini is the best way to experience Bologna like a local. Before the session, you will be guided on a delightful walk under the city center porticoes, through the narrow cobblestone streets of the old food market, and around Piazza Maggiore, the real soul of the city.
Then you will go to the Herbs Market where real Bolognese people go shopping. Here, you can discover many hidden places that reveal the history of the city from the past to the present. You'll be able to appreciate the true spirit of Bologna, admiring the beauty of its sights and discovering the richness of the Bolognese culinary tradition. At the end of the tour, you will have lunch in an ancient "Trattoria" dating back to the 14th century.
- Walking tour with a professional local guide
- Cooking lesson
- Lunch at a typical Trattoria
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
WHAT TO REMEMBER
- Please advise ahead of time on any dietary requirements
- Children (0-11)
Bologna: discover all activities