Guided visit and wine tasting at Château du Taillan
- Discover an estate that beautifully combines tradition and modernity
- Visit the wine cellar with its unique architecture
- Taste exceptional local wines
- Choose the tasting option that best fits your interest
This visit will give you the opportunity to discover a magnificent family estate from the 18th century located just 12 km from Bordeaux, in the region of Médoc.
Bought by Henri Cruse in 1896, after five generations, the château du Taillan still remains in the family and is currently run by five sisters. The château and its underground wine cellar, dating back to the 16th century, are classified today as French historical monuments and are considered to be French World Heritage sites.
During your guided visit, let yourself be captivated by the ancient cellar with its unique architecture and impressive condition - nearly fully intact after all these centuries. You will learn about the winemaking process as you listen to relevant stories about the history and culture of this estate that combines traditional family taste and modernity.
To conclude your visit, you will participate in a tasting session with delicious local wines, many of which are awarded for their quality including the Cru Bourgeois and a Sauvignon blanc (rare to be found in the Médoc region). You will then have free time to enjoy the beautiful ancient tree-lined grounds of the château.
There are two differently priced tasting options:
- Classic Visit: visit to the wine cellar with tasting of two wines - 11€ per person
- Gourmet Visit: visit to the wine cellar with tasting of three wines with cold cut meats, cheeses and bread - 25€ per person
- Guided visit of the wine cellars
- Choice between two wine tasting options
- Personal expenses
Château du Taillan, 56 avenue de La Croix 33320 Le Taillan-Médoc
- You can present your voucher either in printed form or on your smartphone
- The tours are offered in English, French and Spanish
- Classic Visit
Every day except Sunday
Tours start at 12.00pm, 2.00pm, and 4.00pm
- Gourmet Visit
Every day except Sunday
Tour starts at 11.00am
Tours do not run on 25 December and 1 January
OLIVIER DE BENOIST 0 / 40 Olivier de Benoist Promis juré ! Olivier de Benoist ne s’attaquera plus au...
ALBAN IVANOVAprès avoir perturbé la France avec plus de 300 représentations, 3 Olympia, le tout à gu...
Les années filent et Gisèle Rouleau voit peu à peu son quartier se vider de ses habitants. Hormis le...
BUS BORDEAUX + BILLET CONCERT CARRE OR MINEURS: Les mineurs de moins de 16 ans sont admis si ils son...
À bientôt quarante ans, l’humoriste chouchou de Gad Elmaleh, Pascal Légitimus et tant d’autres trans...
Cette revue féerique, c’est l’histoire d’un cabaret pas comme les autres, imaginé par deux amateurs ...