Day excursion to Dracula and Peles castles from Bucharest
- Visit Peles castle, the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family
- See the medieval Bran castle, better known as Dracula’s castle
- Enjoy a short guided walking tour in Brasov's, Old Town
Travel outside of Bucharest for a full-day tour exploring two castles beginning with a visit to Sinaia's mountain resort, considered the “Pearl of the Carpathians” and Sinaia castle, known as Peles castle. Erected between 1873 and 1914, the monument has been the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family and it is the most visited museum in Romania.
You will visit the ground floor exhibition and see the Hall of Honor, The Weapons Room, the Music Room, the Library, the King’s office and many others. At the end of the visit, enjoy some free time in the gardens of the castle and admire the beautiful mountain scenery that surrounds the castle.
Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle. Dating from the 14th century, it has has been serving for ages as a military fortress controlling the entry route to Transylvania and it is nowadays frequently associated with Dracula’s myth.
Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Brasov, a typical medieval city. Known as Kronstadt, under its German name, the city was founded in the 13th century by the Saxon community and developed as a trade settlement at the crossroads between Orient and Occident.
You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
- Transport by modern air-conditioned minivan or bus
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees for Peles Castle (Standard Tour - Ground Floor) and Dracula's Castle
- Guided tour
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your hotel
- Photo Tax
- Food and drinks
- Children (aged 7-11)
1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest
Meet your tour guide in front of the Romanian Atheneum, next to Hilton Hotel, Revolution Square – in front of the little garden.
- Maximum group size of 16 people per tour
- During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov and the last stop in Bran
- In summertime, Peles Castle is closed on Mondays, and during wintertime, on Mondays and Tuesdays
- On Mondays, (in February and March 2020 also on Tuesdays) when Peles Castle is closed, you will visit Cantacuzino Castle instead.
- Daily at 8.00am
- Arrive at meeting location 15 minutes prior to tours departure
Your Bucharest sightseeing tour will start with pick-up service offered from your hotel. Spend the n...
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...
Explore the fascinating region of Transylvania choosing one of the best Dracula’s Castle tour. Trans...
This tour is the best way to explore Sinaia, known as the “Pearl of the Carpathians” for its picture...
The Real Dracula Tour is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Targoviste, Curtea de Arges a...
Think you can trust your senses? Think again. The Museum of Senses Bucharest is a wonderland of head...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Visit spectacular Veliko Tarnovo, the medieval capital of Bulgaria.This astonishing one-day trip to ...
Learn how the communist time influenced the lives of the people of Bucharest and Romania. Discover t...