Budapest Christmas market tour with basilica visit and wine tasting
- Visit two lively and colorful Christmas market areas
- Enjoy a hot mulled wine, chimney cake and 3 Hungarian wines
- Explore St Stephen’s Basilica and see the illuminated inner Pest sights
- Get to know the tales of Hungarian Christmas culture
Get the local’s point of view on the Christmas traditions and culture while seeing some of Budapest’s best inner city sights.
Your guide will walk you through two Christmas markets showing you Hungarian handicrafts, trinkets, souvenirs as well as the local foods and sweets on sale. Along the way, you’ll see the Opera House, Andrassy Blvd with option to see the holiday decorations inside and illuminated on the square. Your guide will show you around inside St Stephen’s Basilica whenever it is open for public visiting. Besides a great intro tour to the city you’ll be treated to a three tier wine tasting in a nice restaurant and get the chance to relax a bit while sipping away famous wines from Hungary.
At the end of the tour your guide invites you to a hot wine and then leaves you in the biggest Christmas market on Vorosmarty Square to explore and do some holiday shopping. Also off this square is the famous Vaci Street and Budapest’s Fashion Street where many shops can be found for more traditional shopping.
- English speaking guide
- 3 tier wine tastings
- 1 mulled wine and chimney cake
- Visit to St Stephen’s Basilica
- Transfer from/to your hotel
- Tips/gratuities (optional)
- 0-2 years: free
- 3-12 years: reduced
Lázár utca 16, 1065 Budapest, Hungary
Your guide is waiting for you at the Absolute Tour Center, just behind the Opera House - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16.
- Guests under the age of 18 years can not participate at the wine tasting. Instead there will be soft drinks or an alcohol-free hot drink provided
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2.5 hours
Daily from 1 till 30 December 2019 at 2.30pm
Except 24, 25, 26 December
Duration: 2-2.5 hours
Discover all the most important sights in Budapest with your tour guide during a 3 hour city tour. L...
Follow the footprints of the famous Empress Sisi and explore Gödöllo Palace, the former summer resid...
Visit the illuminated ‘Paris of the East’ and spend a memorable evening in a traditional Hungarian r...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you’ll visit a local m...
Enjoy a convenient private transfer to or from your hotel in Budapest in an air-conditioned vehicle ...