Dubrovnik walls and wars 2-hour walking tour
- Multiple departure times throughout the day give you more control over your day of sightseeing
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- First time? Perfect chance to get to the know the area like a pro
- Learn more about the local culture first-hand
Intrigued by the city walls, our rivals, enemies, conflicts and wars? Then this is a perfect tour for you!
Do you know that Dubrovnik was protected by both defensive fortifications and the diplomatic skills of its leaders? This historic walk will focus on the defensive and political challenges faced by Dubrovnik in its struggle to survive as a tiny (yet prosperous) independent republic facing serious threats from powerful and dangerous enemies. Over the centuries, the leaders and the walls of Dubrovnik both held firm.
Your guide will lead you on top of and around the city walls for breath-taking views of the port and the old town. You'll discover Revelin Fortress, Minceta Tower, Lovrijenac Fortress and more - and why the city walls served as essential structures protecting the people and wealth of the old town for centuries.
- Guided walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional)
- Children (aged 6-11) : Free
Brsalje ul. 8, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Meet you tour guide under the Dubrovnik walks sign, look for the orange umbrella. Conveniently located at the last Pile bus stop, for all city buses heading towards Old town, just in front of of the Sky bar.
- Minimum of 2 people required per booking
- Maximum of 10 people per tour group
- Children aged 6-11 may join the tour for free
- This tour is a bit steep due to all the stairs on the city walls and therefore not suitable for everyone
- Please note that the city walls entrance ticket is NOT included in the price of the tour. Tickets can be purchased at the entrance to the walls, they accept Kunas and credit cards. The price is 150 kn per person (cca 20Eur), children aged 5-18 and students with valid student ID pay 50 kn each
- If you have a valid Dubrovnik Card then you do not pay entrance ticket for the walls
- April to June, daily at 9.30am and 3.30pm
- July to August, daily at 9.30am and 5.30pm
- September to October, daily at 9.30am and 3.30pm
- Arrive 15 minutes before the starting time
Cycling through lush green valleys, vineyards and olive groves is just a few of the things you can e...
The Korcula archipelago's 20 islands, islets and cliffs stand out for their beauty even in such as b...
A bit of adventure is required for the best panoramic views of Dubrovnik. And this sea-kayaking tour...
If you had to choose one word to describe the Adriatic island of Mljet, it would be lush. Carpeted i...
Montenegro's Bay of Kotor is the stuff of legends. Jaw-dropping mountain scenery, shimmering blue wa...
East meets west in Mostar – a city where minarets and church spires rise above ancient stone houses....