Cinque Terre and Portovenere: one-day tour from Florence
- Admire the Poets' Gulf while riding a comfortable public boat
- Taste delicious local delights, or even bring your swimsuit for a dip in the sea
- Enjoy free time to wander around in these little towns
- An optional 45-min hike at Cinque Terre for spectacular views atop a hill
Admire nature’s artistry in Liguria, a spectacular region and home of Cinque Terre – the much acclaimed string of seaside villages along the Italian Riviera. Steep terraces adorned with colourful homes and vineyards, rugged fishermen reeling in their daily catches, and the region’s most famous flavor – pesto.
Sit back and relax as we take a 2.25 hour ride via comfortable, air-conditioned coach. Your guide will entertain you with tales of the area as you cross two regions: Tuscany and Liguria. Both are rich with history, cultures and traditions that deserve to be told. Upon arrival, you’ll be escorted to a quaint and comfortable public boat. Set sail along the coast line, breathing in the fresh sea air and admiring a view like no other.
Tailoring your adventure to the most beautiful sites, we’ve made sure to include Poets’ Gulf, of course, via a beautiful cruise. This colorful, evocative and unique coastline is dominated by green hills and clear waters. Vivid villages overlook the sea, charming to behold.
The cruise through Poets’ Gulf will bring you to the town of Portovenere, one of the most stunning places on the West Coast of Italy. You’ll notice fishermen’s boats docked daintily by the beach, colorful homes peppering the scenery, an old castle looming on the horizon, churches standing omnipresent. It’s quite breathtaking. Enjoy free time to explore this beautiful village on your own, seeing what you want, as you wish.
There is no better way to admire the beautiful UNESCO world heritage site of Cinque Terre National Park than from the sea! See as man has overcome the challenge of nature’s steep and uneven hillsides, creating one-of-a-kind residences with unparalleled views. And notice that each home is older than the next, stretching back for centuries.
After a pleasant 1.25 hour cruise, we’ll stop at Monterosso, the largest town among the Cinque Terre. Dine on a local dish as you please. To make the most out of this experience in the Italian Riviera, we offer an optional 45 minutes light hike, for those who want to see the Cinque Terre mainland and coastline from a different perspective.
Then it is “all aboard!” as you are taken by train to the charming town of Vernazza, characterized by its narrow streets and small square looking out over the sea. It is so picturesque it will seem like you’ve stepped into a Renaissance painting.
Your final destination is Manarola. Here in this tiny village perched high atop a cliff dropping straight into the sea, you’ll be dazzled with sweeping views of the tiny harbour, full of colourful boats and vibrant natural formations.
- Round-trip transport from Florence in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Public boat tickets
- Free time in Portovenere, Monterosso, Vernazza and Manarola
- Train tickets
- 1.5 hour boat cruise
- 45mins optional light hike with tour leader
- Expert local guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (2-14): reduced
- Infant (0-1): free
Piazza dell'Unità Italiana, 5, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
At Piazza dell'Unità Italiana in front of the Hotel Baglioni, next to the Obelisk..
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Please note that the boat journey of the Cinque Terre might occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey.
- We will do our best to make sure your trip includes all the sights for description, however, please note that the itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.
Meeting time: 07.00am
Departure time: 07.15am
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...