Tour of Florence in the footsteps of Inferno by Dan Brown with secret sights of Palazzo Vecchio and lunch
- Discover the mysterious message of Vasari: "search and find"
- Follows the adventure of Robert Langdon inside Palazzo Vecchio
- Look at the original Dante's death mask
This activity starts with a typical Florentine lunch in a characteristic and historic restaurant located in the ancient merchant open gallery in the heart of the Medicean district.
The tour takes place after lunch in Palazzo Vecchio, built in 1299 to be the basis for the Republic of Florence, and then restored by Vasari for the Grand Duke Cosimo de’ Medici. It will have access to places not normally open to visitors, led by an English-speaking professional guide authorized by the Museum.
During this extraordinary tour you will have access to the Duke of Athens staircase, a secret escape way built in the thickness of the walls of the building and you can discover the magnificence of the “Salone dei Cinquecento”: here are the huge frescos by Vasari, with the mysterious message "cerca trova" (Seek and You Shall find) at the top right of the painting. Furthermore you can climb the ancient “Capriate” (trusses) supporting the roof of the Salone dei Cinquecento and you can see the original “death mask of Dante Alighieri”, and then move into the “Hall of Geographical Maps”, where lies the secret passage used by Langdon to escape from the building: you can enter through that secret step up in the “Bianca Cappello’s dressing room”, also this opened exclusively for this must-experience. After the guided visit it is possible the access to the secret Studiolo of Francesco I.
- Guided tour
- Palazzo Vecchio entrance fee
- Lunch with drinks
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (ages 0-5): free of charge
- Child (ages 6-11): reduced rate
Via Borgo San Lorenzo 33/37red, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
From 12:00 pm lunch at Giannino Restaurant – via Borgo San Lorenzo 33/37red. At 01:45 pm at Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio entrance on the left side (Via dei Gondi) – at the ticket office.
- The activity starts with the lunch
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure
- Clients should have copy of the voucher
- Subject to reconfirmation 24h before the tour date
- PLEASE NOTE: The entrance time of the Guided Visit can be subject to changes not depending on Caf Tour & Travel but on the Museum availability. If the scheduled time will not be available, it will be confirmed the nearest available day and/or entrance time
- Monday, Wednesday, Saturday at 12:00 pm
- From 12:00 pm lunch at Giannino Restaurant
- At 01:45 pm guided visit
- Approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes + lunchtime
Piazza del Duomo in Florence is an extraordinary open-air museum, full of chests holding incredible ...
For more than seven centuries, the Palazzo Vecchio (the Old Palace) has been the symbol of the polit...
Join the Official Duomo Tour and avoid the long line by entering the Cathedral through a dedicated e...
The museums included in this ticket are: - the Porcelain Museum - the Boboli Gardens - the Bardini G...
This itinerary allow you to discover the town’s best known treasures such as the Duomo, Palazzo Vecc...
Let yourself be guided in the discovery of the magnificent Palazzo Vecchio which was the residence o...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile, crossing through the UNESCO Wor...
Tour with exclusive visit and 72h ticket to the Duomo complex: Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell to...
Leave the hustle of Florence for just two days to immerse yourself in the magic of Venice!Get on you...
This is a small group course for food lovers that is held in the ancient city center. This is how yo...