Private Portuguese Heritage Tour with Dona Paula Beach
- Private tour of Goa's Portuguese sites with an expert private guide,Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Basilica of Bom Jesus, dedicated to St Francis Xavier and Learn about the importance of Christian St Catherine of Alexandria at the Se Cathedral
- Explore the narrow streets and colorful old villas of Panaji's Latin Quarter, Fontainhas
- Enjoy magnificent views of the Arabian Sea from the Dona Paula Jetty and Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
Gain a deeper understanding of Goa’s colonial history of Portuguese heritage on this private half-day tour. Learn how to Portuguese impacted the region’s religion, architecture and food from your expert guide as you explore some of the most iconic places in Goa.
Meet your guide at your Goa hotel and travel in private, air-conditioned comfort to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, Basilica of Born Jesus. Walk across the marble floor that’s inlaid with precious stones and visit the remains of Catholic missionary St Francis Xavier. Learn about this man’s life from your guide, as well as from the detailed paintings that decorate the interior. Head upstairs to a gallery of surrealist paintings from Dom Martin, a Goan painter.
Travel by foot to the Se Cathedral, known by locals as Se Cathedral of Santa Catarina. This gothic-style Portuguese architecture houses one of the largest bells in Goa and is dedicated to a saint who was martyred in the 4th century for her Christian devotion.
Afterwards, travel about 15 minutes in your private car to the city of Panaji. Wander the Latin Quarter, known as Fontainhas and experience the sights, sounds and flavors of Portuguese influence first hand as you explore the streets. Make a stop at St Sebastian Chapel, where statues of historic figures like Abade Faria, a Roman Catholic monk, are displayed.
Next, travel in comfort to Dona Paula Jetty, a peaceful bay where epic views of Mormugao Harbor and the Arabian Sea make for the perfect photo op. Take in the natural wonder of the scene that’s unique to this out of the way treasure before heading to a tiny market on the waterway.
Finally, choose to stop at the O’Coquerio restaurant for a traditional Portuguese and Goan mean (own expense), before heading back to your hotel in the comfort of your private vehicle.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Private English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- No strict dress code is enforced to enter places of worship. However, please be advised to dress accordingly; short shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended
- Lunch costs including drinks usually range between 15 and 20 USD
Every day at 9.30am
Following pickup from your hotel in Chennai, your first stop will be at Fort St. George: believed to...
After a delightful breakfast, you will be picked-up from your hotel in Amritsar by our guide who wil...
After being picked up at your hotel, you will head to visit the Shore Temple, which sits by the sea ...
After being picked up from your hotel in Amritsar at 9.30am, meet your expert guide and leave for an...
After pickup from your hotel, travel by air-conditioned coach to the Cumbarjua Canal. Your guide and...
Steeped in spiritual tradition, India is the perfect place to recharge mind, body and soul. Discover...