- Journey the city of Hong Kong far and wide, from traditional fishing harbour to international financial powerhouse
- Witness the Hong Kong’s historical transformation through its multicultural neighbourhoods and see for yourself how traditional meets modern
- Check out and try the world’s longest outdoor escalator
- Explore Hollywood Road, home to many of Hong Kong's antique shops
- Pop into Cat Street, a former black market turned open-air curio market
Take your chance to experience an exotic brew of old and new that constitutes modern Hong Kong! See for yourself that the city is much more than just bright lights and skyscrapers and get a new appreciation for this financial mecca with its slow, traditional side as well as the frenetic futurism it's most known for.
You'll start your fascinating tour from exploration of some of the city’s oldest markets, which are nothing less than the cornerstone of Hong Kong’s history and present day identity. Witness Hong Kong’s hardworking past in the Western Market, the Ginseng and Bird Nest trading hubs, and the Herbal Medicine Quarter. Then, you'll head out down Hollywood Road with its countless antique shops selling everything from Ming vases to Han Dynasty war horse potteries. You'll also visit Cat Street, originally home to the city’s black market, now an open-air curio market.
As you travel along this Hong Kong city tour, you will be guided through Tai Ping Shan, one of the most modern parts of the city packed with new and contemporary shops and galleries and the culture is decidedly more Western and international. The combination of European style influences and traditional Hong Kong streetscapes has created some fascinating neighbourhoods in SoHo and NoHo, providing a unique narrative and local experience.
One of the main highlights of this HK tour will be a fascinating ride on the world’s longest outdoor escalator, after which you'll make your way to Central, the major business district of the city. This is where modern skyscrapers dominate the sityscape, representing Hong Kong as an integral international financial hub. You'll leave the tour with the new appreciation for the city that has switched from old to new within such a short period of time.
- Tour as per description
- Local English speaking guide
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Reduced price for children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively
- Children younger than 6 are allowed at no extra cost (please make sure you inform the guide of this before you take the tour)
The tour meets at the Sheung Wan MTR station Exit B (4 minutes from Central and 12 minutes from Tsim Sha Tsui by MTR). Ending point: Central MTR station.
- Please be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes
- The tour runs Wednesday and Saturday at 2.00pm
Ngong Ping 360 is one of Hong Kong's best tourist attractions. This cable car ride offers panoramic ...
The Airport Express is one of the world's leading airport railway systems that offers swift, sure li...
Madame Tussauds Hong Kong opened to the public in 2000 and was Asia's first Madame Tussauds exhibit....
This day pass is offering a comprehensive air, land and sea transportation access. It entitles you t...
Glimpse 360-degree views of Hong Kong and the famous Victoria Harbour from the sky100 Hong Kong Obse...
This tour will show you the gritty, traditional, but also a mirror of contemporary Hong Kong, the Ko...