Seward wilderness hike with a guide
- Learn of Alaska's vast landscape including mountains, glacier formations, bays and alpine tundras
- Go at your own pace as your guide tailors the hike to your groups experience
Take a stroll through the Alaskan wilderness on this refreshing hike in one of our many superb hiking locations near the quaint town of Seward, Alaska. As you follow your guide on one of the many trails we guide in this area, learn about local history and the lush nature of the area, and savor pristine views of glaciers, mountains, bays, lakes, and alpine tundra.
Your guide takes you out on trails tailored to your group’s difficulty preferences that showcases the gorgeous nature of the diverse environment. You can get the chance to skirt above the tree line for breathtaking views of the Harding Icefield, glaciers, Resurrection Bay, pristine lakes, and the emerald forests of Kenai Fjords National Park.
As you hike, learn about the local history and wildlife of the area. The area is home to a number of large animals, including brown and black bears, Alaskan moose, lynx, and a vast array of sealife. During a stop for a satisfying picnic lunch surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, you can ask your guide about the wildlife, fish, and aquatic species that make the place a popular destination for travelers from all over the world.
Guided Hiking Areas In Seward:
- Exit Glacier
- Harding Icefield
- Coastal Explorer
- Enchanted Forest
- Tonsina Creek
- Caines Head
- Mount Marathon Race Trail & Bowl
- Sack lunch (sandwiches, options available), water and tea
- Children 2-12
The meeting time/location can vary depending on time of the season and the physical abilities of the clients. Please contact Kenai Backcountry Adventures prior to your trip at +1 907-331-4912 to coordinate with your guide.
- Please bring a waterproof rain jacket with hood, rain pants (recommended), waterproof hiking shoes (recommended) clothes for dressing in layers, and dress for current weather conditions. You may also bring a camera, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle and any personal items
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk 3-8 miles on uneven terrain
- Available to all ages. Infants under the age of 2 are free. Under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- There are myriad trail hiking options in Seward from lush boreal forests, glaciers, craggy mountains, and alpine tundra
- Please bring a printed copy of your voucher
- Daily; May - September at 9.00am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time to check-in
Your visit to the most filmed city in the world wouldn't be complete without a Turner Classic Movies...
New York proudly holds the title as the most filmed city in the world! On this super fun TV and movi...
Hop on this cruise to experience the fastest way to the Statue of Liberty. You'll travel down the Hu...
Enjoy a two-hour dinner cruise aboard an authentic paddle boat in the waters of Lake Mead on this re...
Gain a deeper understanding of 9/11 and its legacy with the expert knowledge of a local guide. This ...
The Whitney Museum of American Art has been a longstanding institution dedicated solely to American ...