Private Yorkshire Dales day tour from Leeds
- Get a taste of local life in towns like Askrigg, Wensleydale and Pateley Bridge
- Ideal introduction to the Yorkshire Dales for first-time visitors and marvel at Aysgarth Falls and tour Bolton Castle
- Visit local highlights such as the World’s oldest sweet shop, the Wensleydale Creamery, or filming locations from Emmerdale
Explore the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park on your own private small-group day trip from Leeds, visiting Bolton Castle, Aysgarth Falls, Askrigg, Arncliffe, Pateley Bridge and the traditional Dales Market Town of Hawes, where you will have the opportunity to visit the award winning Wensleydale Creamery, the home of Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this private Minicoach tour, for any group size up to a maximum of 15.
Starting in the morning from Leeds, this private guided full-day trip takes you to the stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, including Wensleydale, Littondale and Nidderdale. The tour departs at 9.00am from any location in Leeds of your choice and heads off for the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The first stop is at Wensleydale’s most famous landmark, the 14th century Bolton Castle which once housed Mary Queen of Scots, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy and photograph the magnificent views over Wensleydale, learn a bit about the history of the area from your Guide, or just have a leisurely Yorkshire Brew in the medieval castle’s Tea Room. You will then make the short journey to Aysgarth to see and photograph the major falls which were a filming location for Robin Hood – Prince of Thieves, before following the scenic route to Hawes, passing through the traditional Dales village of Askrigg, the filming location for "Darrowby" in the James Herriot "All Creatures Great and Small" TV series. Spend one and a half hours in Hawes, the highest Market Town in England, where you can maybe grab some lunch and see how cheese is made at the world famous Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre, visit the Dales Countryside Museum or just explore the quaint shops and cafes of the town itself - the choice is yours! After Hawes you will head into the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park for some photo stops as you pass through the picturesque traditional Dales villages along the meandering route of the River Wharfe. Arrive in the stunning setting of the conservation village of Arncliffe where you will see the famous Falcon Inn, the original "Woolpack" in the "Emmerdale Farm" TV series. You can either join your guide for a walking tour of the village or just enjoy refreshments with the locals in the Falcon Inn, whichever you prefer. Continue your journey through the beautiful countryside of the National Park, passing Kilnsey Crag and the village of Grassington, then into the rolling hills of Nidderdale, an area of outstanding natural beauty. The final stop is in the charming little town of Pateley Bridge, category winner in the 2016 Great British High Street Competition, with the option to visit "The Oldest Sweet Shop in England" (2014 Guinness Book of Records), before heading back to Leeds. The tour arrives back in Leeds at around 5:45pm but you should not book onward travel arrangements too close to the drop-off time, just in case of traffic problems.
- Private tour just for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minicoach
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Entrance fees to optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Between November and March some attractions are closed and, depending upon weather conditions, this tour may follow a different route through the Dales after Hawes and arrive back in Leeds a little earlier, around 5.15pm
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOUR VISITS OLD EMMERDALE LOCATIONS**The Emmerdale Classic tour is perfect ...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...
You'll feel the magic of the childhood stories Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking-Gla...