Dana Point whale watching & dolphin watching eco-safari
- Hop aboard a catamaran and keep a lookout for whales, dolphins, and other sea creatures
- Enjoy on-going commentary along your safari from naturalists
- Check out the underwater viewing pods for a closer look at ocean life without disturbing the habitat
- Get sent off with a complimentary triplrfudge brownies!
Meet your group at Dana Point Harbor, at the location next to Baby Beach and the OC Sailing and Event Center. For your convenience, there’s free parking by your meeting spot on the harbor. Your departure time may vary by the date your choose so please take note. The service provider will contact you after booking to confirm available times for the date you’ve picked. Meet at the Dolphin Deck about 30 to 45 minutes before the time your 2.5-hour whale and dolphin watching eco-safari begins.
Board one of three catamarans - either Manute’a, DolphinSafari, or Lily. Your boat takes about 10 minutes or less to make its way out of the harbor onto the open water. At this point, keep your eyes open for sea lions, marine birds, and other creatures as this is a great place to spot them.
As your captain takes you further out, your group will spot dolphins, whales, and sometimes sharks. Some whales you might see on your journey include Blue Whales, Gray Whales, Humpback Whales, Fin Whales, Minke Whales, and occasionally Orcas (Killer Whales). Also keep in mind there are five species of wild dolphins that might cross your path, too.
As your cruise, enjoy commentary from a naturalist who fills you in on the sea creatures, their lifestyles, their natural habitats, and what’s being done to protect them. If you’d like, you can head down to the underwater viewing pods on your catamaran to catch sight of the ocean life from an underwater vantage point.
After your adventure, your boat docks back at the harbor and you’re sent on your way with a complimentary triple-fudge brownie.
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected and certified vessel
- Licensed Captain and professional crew
- Live commentary on board
- Cetacean Declaration: join us again for free within one calendar year if you don’t see any dolphins or whales
- Complimentary triple-fudge brownie
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available for purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available for purchase)
- $45 per child (1-12)
- $5 per infant
24440 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629
Present your voucher to the staff at Capt Dave's Dana Point Whale Watching at Dana Point Harbor (next to Baby Beach and the OC Sailing and Event Center).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All reservations are non-cancelable and non-changeable
- departure times vary depending on the day of the week - please check the calendar
Go behind the scenes of the world-famous Studio Tour to explore real movie sets where Hollywood movi...
Take your chance to journey the neversleeping heart of Los Angeles in a very unusual mode, as you ar...
On this tour, you'll hike to the top of one of the highest peaks in Griffith Park, giving you a stun...
See the best of Los Angeles with a 6-hour tour of the city’s most glamorous neighborhoods and iconic...
Join us on a fun and truly memorable tour of Paso Robles Wine Country. You’ll be united with a small...
Our guided Downtown LA Food Tour includes 6 unique stops showcasing the best of the growing, diverse...