Pilatus half-day golden round trip from Lucerne
- Hop aboard the aerial cableway "Dragon Ride"
- Admire the magnificent views of the Swiss Alps
- Ride the world's steepest cogwheel railway
- Enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Lucerne
Mount Pilatus – the Golden Round Trip has it all! Enjoy on this afternoon excursion the ascent by different aerial cable cars to beautiful Mt Pilatus with possibilities of easy hikes and gorgeous photo opportunities. Descent by the world's steepest cogwheel railway and end the tour with a relaxing boat ride on Lake Lucerne.
Your exciting half-day adventure starts with a short coach ride to Kriens, where you take the panoramic gondolas to Fräkmüntegg. Then hop aboard the aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" and enjoy the jaw dropping views out of the panoramic windows, especially designed to give the feeling of flying.
Once at the top of Mt Pilatus (2,132 m), venture down the Dragon's Path or go for a short hike to the summit. Later you can relax on the panorama terrace admiring magnificent views over the surrounding mountains of the Swiss Alps and the blue lakes in the valleys below.
The highlight of this day is the thrilling descent on the world's steepest cogwheel railway (48% gradient) down to Alpnachstad. Here you board the boat for a lovely 1-hour cruise (only in the summer) on the beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons and enjoy the spectacular landscape from an entirely different angle. The excursion ends at the pier in Lucerne.
- Live guided in English, German and Spanish
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Cogwheel train (depending on snow conditions)
- Boat ride (not available 21 October to 17 November 2019)
- Personal expenses
- Infants aged (0-5): Free
- Children aged (6-15): Reduced
Frankenstrasse 2-4, 6003 Lucerne
Meet your tour on the sidewalk next to Lucerne train station.
- Spring and early summer season, depending on snow conditions, the cogwheel train may be replaced by the aerial cable car
- 21 October to 8 November 2019: Ascent and descent by cogwheel train, no boat ride but lunch included
- 9 November to 17 November 2019: Ascent by cable car, descent by cogwheel train, no boat ride but lunch included
- Boat ride is only available from 4 May to 20 October
- Lunch voucher (CHF 20.00 per adult / CHF 10.00 per child) will be provided as compensation for boat ride, exchangeable at Pilatus self - service restaurant (from 21 Oct 2019 to 17 Nov 2019)
- Daily at 12.30pm
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tours start time
Don't miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday on a thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to...
Take a full-day excursion to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Located at the fo...
Visit Bern, the capital of Switzerland! This tour follows the scenic route of the Grand Tour of Swit...
Walk to the bike rental station after meeting your guide, Ralf, where after some practice and explan...
As the tour starts you hear the fire horn followed by the invocation pray. The Nightwatchman introdu...
Start from the lobby of your hotel, the Nightwatchman (a guide dressed in medieval attire) introduce...