We start with a spectacular drive through the Hajar mountains via the oases of Fanjah and Birkat Al Mauz to reach Nizwa and the impressive 17th century fort. After we will visit the Nizwa Souk famous for its Bedouin silver jewellery. The drive continues via Tanuf and Bahla to Jabreen, to visit one of Oman’s most beautiful forts, famous for its wall and ceiling murals. Eventually we will return to Muscat where you will get a drop-off at your hotel.
Attractions & monuments
Enchanting Forts of Nizwa tour from Muscat
Duration: up to 9 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Drive along the beautiful Oman's Al Hajar Mountains
- Visit one of Oman's most impressive forts
- Discover Nizwa Souk and the 17th-century Nizwa Fort Add New Highlight
What to expect
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Experienced guide
- Entrance ticket as per Itinerary
What's not included
- Children (0-12): reduced
You will get a pick-up from your hotel, please provide hotel address information when you make the booking.
What to remember
- Dress code: loose long trousers or long skirts, long sleeves and a head scarf for ladies. No shorts for men
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised, and photo-chromatic lenses for those who wear spectacles. Hats or some protection for the head are advisable when in direct sunlight. The Sultanate of Oman has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages
- Normal tourist photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings, police or military installations are not allowed
- The local tour operator reserves the right to cancel any part of the scheduled programs because of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or other similar circumstances
- Delays in hotel pick-up may occur due to traffic conditions or due to other clients en route to your hotel for the public tour
- Free cancellation until 72 hours prior to departure; 50% charge for cancellations 72 - 24 hours prior to departure.100% charge for cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or in the event of no-show
- The tour runs on Thursdays
- You will get a pick-up from your hotel between 7.30 and 8.00am
- Times may vary depending on the location of your hotel
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.