You’ll meet your small group of no more than 20 people and expert local guide (a veteran of many Mardi Gras) in front of the Mardi Gras Museum of Costumes and Culture then head inside for a full tour. Here you’ll learn about the “krewes” or associations that run the parades and balls associated with Mardi Gras and even try on some of their elaborate costumes. Your next stop is the oldest family-run restaurant in America, where each room is set up like museum to the krewe that regularly meets there. You’ll get a classic New Orleans cocktail from the bar and then head up to the balcony - one of the best spots for parade watching - for views over the French Quarter and a thorough debunking of a few Mardi Gras myths. Back at street level, your guide will teach you how to form your very own Second Line parade, aka “the quintessential New Orleans art form” and you’ll learn where to go if you want to experience Mardi Gras like a local. After making your way through the French Quarter, you’ll hop on a shuttle to Mardi Gras World where you’ll get a behind the scenes look at how the floats are made for the parades and finish your tour with a slice of authentic king cake.
Mardi Gras Unmasked: Interactive Parade Experience & Mardi Gras World
- Take a fully-guided tour of the Mardi Gras Museum of Costumes and Culture and try on actual parade costumes
- Enjoy a classic New Orleans cocktail at the oldest family-run restaurant in America and learn about the illustrious Mardi Gras “krewes” that meet there
- Explore the French Quarter and learn the history and traditions that make Mardi Gras one of the most famous celebrations on earth
- Tickets to the Mardi Gras Museum of Costumes and Culture and Mardis Gras World
- Shuttle to and from Mardi Gras World
- Additional food and drinks may be purchased at own expense
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- Infants up to 1 year are free of charge
813 Bienville St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
This tour will meet outside of Arnaud's Restaurant on Bienville St. If walking from Canal and Bourbon Street, walk two blocks and take a left on Bienville. The meeting point will be outside of the main entrance to the restaurant.
- Some portions of the tour are not wheelchair and stroller accessible. Please contact us if you may need an alternate tour to accommodate
- The walking portion of the tour is outdoors rain or shine, so please dress appropriately. Ponchos are recommended for rain while umbrellas are recommended for shade
- From 01 April 2019 to 31 October 2019 Every Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays