- Book today and use your ticket whenever you want
- Enjoy direct access to the monument
- The most extensive 13th-century stained glass collection
- One of the highest achievements of Gothic architecture
Discover a gem of Gothic style built in seven years: The Sainte Chapelle in the Palais de la Cité!
Consecrated on 26 April 1248, the Sainte-Chapelle is considered among the highest achievements of the Rayonnant period of Gothic architecture. It was commissioned by King Louis IX of France to house his precious collection of Christian relics, including Christ's crown of thorns, acquired by Saint Louis.
Along with the Conciergerie, the Sainte-Chapelle is one of the earliest surviving buildings of the Capetian royal palace on the Île de la Cité. Although damaged during the French Revolution, and restored in the 19th century, it has one of the most extensive 13th-century stained glass collection anywhere in the world. Arranged across 15 windows, each 15 metres high, the stained glass panes depict 1,113 scenes from the Old and New Testaments recounting the history of the world until the arrival of the relics in Paris.
- Entrance ticket
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people (proof required)
8 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris, France
Present your ticket at the entrance of the Sainte Chapelle. Metro stop: Cité (line 4).
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing
- The ticket is not dated and you can use it whenever you want
- The ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- The Centre des monuments nationaux is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities
- The monument will be normaly open. Helmets, luggages and big items exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will not be accepted.
From 9.00am to 5.00pm
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Arrive at Notre Dame Cathedral early in the morning, and your host will welcome you with an introduc...
The Musée du Louvre displays 35,000 works of art over 60,600 square meters and welcomes almost ten m...
Enjoy an audio tour of Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral and the surrounding Latin quarter. You can make...
The Latin Quarter is one of Paris's best-known areas, located on the left bank of the Seine. Halfway...
Join this skip-the-line tour of Notre Dame cathedral, its towers and the Ile de la Cite while you ar...
Explore the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris with an expert guide and visit the one-of-a-kind n...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
Get faster entry to the tower by avoiding the long elevator lines. Climb the stairs up the Eiffel To...
Planning a visit to one of the world’s greatest art collections calls for special attention. With ov...