The lowlands of Parma: Parmigiano Reggiano, Culatello di Zibello and wine tasting
- Discover an off the beaten path "paradise" for foodies
- Enjoy a visit made directly by the producers
- Taste multiple typical products for an itinerant lunch
- Visit a Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese dairy
At 09.00am departure from Parma towards the «Lowlands».
Meeting on site with a local host and visit to an authentic cheese dairy of Parmigiano-Reggiano of the “Low Lands” of Parma.
Discover how "the King of all cheeses" is made in the same way since centuries ago like the Monks who invented it... You'll see first hand the "making of" it, the salt pools and the "wheel cathedrals", real walls of cheese up to 20.000 in the same place!
To follow: visit to a unique farm in Italy where you’ll be able to admire local fruit and vegetable cultivations, local black pigs and many other farm animals.
Welcoming to a medieval court where you’ll admire the aging cellars dating back to the XII century where the “king of the cured meats” Culatello di Zibello rests for years… People like Prince Charles of England and Prince Alberto of Monaco have discovered this “hidden secret” and felt in love with it. The visit will end with a tasting session.
The last stop will be in a tiny family run winery that produces only less than 15.000 bottles each year.
They do not use herbicides or chemical fertilisers and keep the treatments in the vineyard to a minimum in order to combat pests that may infest the vines. The grapes are controlled and hand-picked in the vineyards along the River Po grown on this piece of land since 1300.
At the end of the visit: tasting of 3 wines and grappa paired with typical products of the area and not only.
At 01.30pm you will return to Parma.
- Private transportation by minivan with english speaking driver
- Multiple typical products tastings
- Guided visits to Parmigiano Reggiano dairy
- Visit to a medieval aging cellars of Culatello di Zibello with tasting
- Local family winery with tasting
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and drinks not mentioned
- Child (4-10): reduced
- Infant (0-3): free of charge
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1, Parma, PR, Italia
In front of the Tourist Office of Parma
- The tour runs with a minimum of 2 partecipants
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- The tour does not run: 25th april – 1st may – 2nd june – 15th august - 1st november
- Departure: 09:00am
Always surrounded by an aura of charm and mystery, the labyrinth is an architectural element that ev...
Visiting a "caseificio" (traditional cheese factory) is like going back in time. The "King of the ch...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Parma and get ...
Departure at 08:30am in front of the Tourist Office where you will meet your guide. From there, you'...
Scopri la città di Parma, gioiello dell'Emilia Romagna, passeggiando accompagnato dalla nostra guida...
Attraversa la meravigliosa città di Parma con una guida esperta, attraverso tappe insolite e non sem...