Guided walking tour of Fremantle: convicts and colonials
- Learn about the fascinating people that shaped Fremantle - or 'Freo' for short!
- Uncover the stories of Fremantle’s maritime past, pioneering heroes, shady criminals, and famous jail breaks.
- See landmarks like the Roundhouse and Fremantle Prison
- Discover the local stories that make Freo what it is today - an awesome city to explore!
Break into Western Australia's capital on this Perth tour that includes many things, the most important being a local tradition of great importance and cultural significance: a free drink at the local pub!
Starting at the Fremantle Town Hall, this Fremantle walking tour is no boring history lesson but rather takes a non-traditional route through Freo, discovering the factual, anecdotal, and downright fascinating, all as you wander Freo's vibrant cappuccino strip. The tour winds its way through Fremantle, which is renowned for its well-preserved architectural heritage, including colonial buildings and one of the most notorious prisons in the British Empire, Fremantle Prison. The locals here were as hard as nails; salty sea dogs rubbed shoulders with newly-arrived immigrants to create a city full of characters – some of whose stories you’ll be amazed to hear from your local guide. Once home to whaling stations and mass immigration, Freo is now a charming little city celebrated for its variety of restaurants and multicultural history. On this Fremantle tour in Perth, you'll hear of so many local stories, such as Irish prisoners escaping, comical British bushrangers, Freo's impact as a port during World War II, and the shameful expulsion of aboriginals to Rottnest Island. There is no better way to explore than with a local guide to tell you all the fascinating stories.
- Entry to Roundhouse
- A souvenir
- Children (6-11 years old): reduced price
- Children (0-5 years old): free
High Street Mall, Fremantle WA 6160, Australia
Fremantle Visitor Information Centre – Kings Square Fremantle WA 6160
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point
- Every day
Break into Western Australia's capital on this Perth tour that includes many things, the most import...
This Perth tour winds its way through Fremantle, which is renowned for its well-preserved architectu...
Discover the evolving small bar scene and hidden gems on this information-packed walking tour throug...
1. Aus. Open - Day Pass: Day + Evening session 22-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets Wh...
1. Aus. Open - Day Pass: Day + Evening session 23-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets Wh...
1. Aus. Open - Day Pass: Day + Evening session 26-01-2020 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tickets Wh...