- Visit the world-famous archeological site of Pompeii with an expert guide
- See the well-preserved frescoes and marble home decorations
- Walk into private homes and shops and stop to read the electoral notices at every corner
- Visit the amphitheater, built to accommodate up to 20,000 people
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997. The site is a perfect representation of everyday life in ancient Rome in the first century AD, just before when the city with its buildings inhabitants were buried by the eruption of Vesuvius.
This guided tour allows you to learn about buildings, private homes, the two theaters, the brothel, the spas, and a thermopolium. Walk the so-called Street of Abundance, the most important street in the city, with important homes and popular shops. Visit the huge amphitheater, designed to accommodate up to 20,000 people, and admire the beautifully preserved frescoes and marble decorations that tell us how Romans lived back in the 1st century AD. Follow your guide to see plaster casts of the inhabitants, when they were surprised by the eruption and huddled up for protection. Along the way, your guide will also point out the typical electoral notices that you can see throughout the city.
- Guided visit of Pompeii Archeological Site
- Snacks & drinks
- Everything not mentioned in the included field
- Reduced for EU citizens between 18 and 25 years old and teachers
- Free: under 18 years old
Via Villa dei Misteri, 3, 80045 Pompeii
Entrance of Porta Marina Superiore
- We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and bring along a hat and a bottle of water.
- You can't bring any large bags and backpacks inside the site. You can leave them at the entrance, where a free cloakroom service is available. You can retrieve them at the end of your visit.
- The tour won't take place if it doesn't reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens, you'll be offered an alternate date for your booking or a total refund.
- Guided visit in English, Spanish, French: every day at 10.00am
- Guided visit in Italian: Friday - Sunday at 10.00am
Seeing Pompeii on your own can be difficult and baffling. That’s why our tour has been designed to b...
Among the most visited sites in Italy, Pompeii was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997...
Experience a two-hour guided tour of Pompeii with an archaeologist and skip-the-line admission fees ...
Originally intended as the residence for the Spanish King Philip III of Spain while on a visit, the ...
Join a street food tour of Naples exploring the historical city center on foot and tasting the most ...
With this round trip private transfer between Naples (cruise port terminal) and Pompeii, you can exp...
Meet your guide by the old Porta Marina Superiore for a tour of the western part of Pompeii, site of...
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997, Pompeii undoubtedly tells a fascinating chapter in t...