Explore a reindeer farm located in the middle of a beautiful Finnish forest. Spend some time with the arctic animals and feed them some tasty snacks. The local herder will tell you a bit about life on the farm and share some unique stories about the sweet creatures. Warm up around a bonfire and try some delicious local handmade snacks with delicious traditional Lappish drinks.
Excursions & day trips
Reindeer experience in summer
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Finnish , Chinese
Availability: Every day
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Get to meet and feed arctic reindeers
- Learn about the animals and their life from the herder
- Enjoy some local Lappish snacks and drinks
- Admire the beautiful nature surrounding the reindeer farm
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Dutch, Finnish, German, French, Italian, Spanish or Chinese speaking guide upon request
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi city center
- Visit to a reindeer farm and reindeer feeding
- Gingerbread and hot blueberry tea
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel outside a 16km radius of Rovaniemi city center available for a small fee
- Infant (0-4 years): free
- Child (4-14 years): reduced
- Pick-up from Rovaniemi hotels only
Check HERE the full list of pick-up locations in Rovaniemi. Please keep in mind that If your hotel is not mentioned on the list and you still wish to arrange the pick-up you will have to pay an extra fee on site.
What to remember
- A minimum of two persons is necessary for this tour to take place
- Children under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Remember to dress according to the weather and wear warm, wind and rainproof clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Pick-up is available for free within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi, outside the radius pick-up is available for an extra fee. Please be ready 10-minutes before pick-up time
- Daily at 9.00am
- From 15 May-15 November 2020
Nordic Unique Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins.