Private Tour to icecaves or saltmines and Fortress Hohenwerfen
- Enjoy the world natural heritage and the ice caves
- Be fascinated from the wonderful ice sculptures nature formed
- Discover an 900 years old fortress with a falconry
On this tour you will be picked up with a comfortable panorama glass roof van and head to the countryside. During the summer time (1st. May to 26th October) you will drive directly to Werfen - a countryside village in the south of Salzburg. There you can visit the Ice caves with a cable car ride. After that visit to the ice caves (takes ca. 2, 5hrs) in the mountain you return to the city of Werfen and have a look at the fortress's falconry. The fortress itself is worth a visit and has a museum included. It is over 900 years old.
During winter time, when the caves are closed you will see the saltmines in Hallein/Bad Dürrnberg instead and walk about 1, 5km within the mine and find a few adventures on your way (kids over 4 years).
Please note - the ice cave, the fortress and the saltmine have separate entrance fees. You will assisted by a guide which trys to get a discount, but you have to take cash local money (euro) with you.
You will see: Salzburg, Werfen, Hohenwerfen, Bad Dürrnberg, Hallein
The price is valid for groups from 1 to 8 persons (same price for the group of any size).
- parking fees
- 1/2l bottle of water per person
- entrance fees (caves 24€, fortress 15€, Saltmine 20€)
- personal shopping
Children get discounted tickets at the saltmine.
They have to walk within the cave (saltmine & Ice cave) at about 1 hour.
You will be picked up from your hotel
- The price is valid for groups from 1 to 8 persons (same price for the group of any size).
- For some locations good comfortable shoes are required, such as the salt mines, the ice cave (some parts can be slippery when wet).
- Due to climate reasons, or some unforseen natural events some roads / locations can be temporarly inaccessable.
- Within the saltmines children of a minimum age of 4 years are allowed.
The tour can be run every day (please note - winter season saltmine/summer season ice cave depending on local companies - but of course, you can also say in summer time to visit the saltmine - unfortunately the ice cave operator has to close in winter season). The starting time is flexible and depends on you. The tour is an 8-hour-tour.
The pickup point is at your hotel in Salzburg city and the drop-off point can be set by you within the city of Salzburg.
Visit the Danube Tower, the tallest structure in Austria, for an amazing view of Vienna. Step inside...
This 3-hour walk starts with an exploration of Salzburg’s Burgher Town with its narrow, crooked litt...
On this trip you will be picked up in the city of Salzburg with a glass roof panorama van (maximum 8...
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...