Salt Mine Berchtesgaden tour from Salzburg
- Visit the Salt Mine Berchtesgaden in Bavaria
- Explore the fascinating world of the white gold
- See the picturesque village of Berchtesgaden
Leave the city of Salzburg, pass the Untersberg Mountain, full of legends and myths and enter Germany by the old border crossing and travel through the alpine valley heading to the Obersalzberg. Little is left to be seen of the Third Reich except the Eagle's Nest perched atop its summit. You may catch a glimpse of it as we head up the lower part of the mountain.
It is inside this mountain, however, that the real adventure begins. Donning traditional miner's clothes, you enter the 500-year-old mine by train to hear fascinating tales and facts about this underground world. There is nothing to fear as you descend into the grottoes using the slides hundreds of miners have before. A brief visit to the village of Berchtesgaden before returning to Salzburg completes the tour.
- Live guided bus tour
- Admission fee
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (4-12 years): reduced
- Infant (0-3 years): free, but have to sit on their parents' lap
Mirabellplatz / Hubert Sattler Gasse 1, 5020 Salzburg
The Tour departs from the Panorama Tours bus terminal at Mirabellplatz, in front of St. Andrew's Church
- Language: English, German (tour may be guided multilingually)
- In case of border controls please make sure you carry a valid passport
- Every day at 8.45am and 2.00pm
On this trip you will be picked up in the city of Salzburg with a glass roof panorama van (maximum 8...
For more than ten years, the Salzburg Foundation financed the creation of a high-profile sculpture p...
Be enchanted by the “Land of Music," travelling through Hof and Fuschl in the Lakes region. Explore ...
See all the important sights of Salzburg on a round trip tour of the city. Comfortable buses allow y...
Experience a great half-day trip to the famous and historic Eagles nest. After leaving Salzburg you ...
Join a guided city tour by bus and explore Salzburg afterward on your own with the Salzburg Card.Let...