San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- See the recently expanded and re-opened SFMOMA, with 7 floors of galleries, 3 dining options, 2 museum stores and more
- Visit rotating exhibitions featuring paintings, sculptures, photography, architecture and designs
- Download the free SFMOMA Audio app (iOS devices) to enjoy an audio tour with commentary
- Explore the special exhibition Andy Warhol - From A to B and Back Again reconsiders the work of one of the most influential and important American artists
Come visit the museum that the NY Times described as “changing the face of museums going forward.” After a three-year closure, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) is once again open with a breathtaking new expansion.
Seamlessly integrating the original Mario Botta-designed museum with a new 10-story building designed by international architects Snøhetta, the museum begins by showcasing five works of contemporary art in a free-to-visit first floor.
You’ll see rotating exhibitions on view featuring the Fisher Collection of postwar and contemporary art, artwork received through the Campaign for Art and work from the museum’s exceptional collections of painting, sculpture, photography, architecture + design and media arts. This May, the special exhibition Andy Warhol - From A to B and Back Again will be the first Warhol retrospective organized in the U.S. since 1989, and reconsiders the work of one of the most influential and important American artists
Enjoy Sightglass coffee bar, Cafe 5, or In Situ for everything from artisanal coffee to California-fusion fare during your visit to the museum.
Bring headphones and make the most of your visit with SFMOMA’s free Audio app, immersive iOS app, including hundreds of 60-90 second audio reflections and responses to artworks in the galleries by composers, comedians, artists, and playwrights, among others. Audio guides are also available to rent at SFMOMA for a nominal fee.
- 1-day General Admission
- Public daily spotlight and/or exhibition tours
- Special exhibitions (can be purchased at the ticket desk for a nominal fee)
- Visitors 18 and under are free of charge
- Seniors (65+)
- Young Adults (19-24)
151 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
You can enter the museum off Third St. or Howard St. Go to any ticketing desk on the 2nd floor. Coming by car? SFMOMA’s garage on Minna Street is a few steps from the museum’s main entrance on Third Street. It's convenient, and parking onsite directly supports the museum and its programs. Parking can be validated at the second floor Information Desk for all museum attendees.
- All visitors need a ticket, even those 18 and under
- Visitors 18 and under are free
- Your voucher (printed or mobile) must be redeemed on the 2nd floor at any of the ticketing desks, in exchange for a museum ticket; ID may be required upon request
- Bring headphones and download the free SFMOMA app (iOS)
- Coat and bag check is available on-site
- Multi-lingual maps available at museum
- Friday–Tuesday 10.00am-5.00pm
- Thursday 10.00am-9.00pm
- Closed on Wednesdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Take a walk through time and relive childhood memories at the Walt Disney Family Museum. Learn about...
Cruise along San Francisco’s breathtaking waterfront, under the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, and loo...
This unique brunch cruise along the bay is a San Francisco must-do! The sparkling waves and soft bre...
On this relaxed, two-hour cruise, you’ll enjoy spectacular sunset views, live guitar music and light...
The Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39 facility boasts 300 feet of crystal clear acrylic tunnels holding...
A wonderful experience for first-time visitors to San Francisco! You'll discover the breathtaking vi...
Discover San Francisco’s best bars, pubs and cafes on this laid-back walking tour of North Beach. Ki...
Take a trip to one of the most famous prisons of all time: Alcatraz Island. Once upon a time, no one...
Dive into the world of Northern California’s premiere wine country on this day trip from San Francis...
The official City tour starts off at Fisherman's Wharf and takes you through the attractions of San ...