San Gimignano, Chianti and Montalcino tour from Siena with wine tasting and light lunch
- Visit the medieval San Gimignano, the Town of Fine Towers
- Explore the Chianti region, and enjoy a wine tasting with light lunch
- Taste the renowed Brunello of Montalcino at a local wine cellar
- Admire Monteriggioni, an ancient crown-shaped fortress
The frst part of this tour will be dedicated to the territory of Siena and starts with a visit of San Gimignano, the city of a hundred tower and also a UNESCO World Natural and Cultural Heritage site. Your tour escort will give you all of the necessary information for enjoying your free time in the town’s historical centre, where you will find local artisan shops and millenarian buildings. San Gimignano is also the birthplace of Vernaccia, a white wine produced exclusively here, famous for its high quality and also for being the frst Italian DOCG wine.
From here you will go to Monteriggioni, the ancient crown-shaped fortress that adorned the head of Italy on the hold 100 lire currency. The same walls, which date back to the 12th century, are endowed with 14 tours that Dante likened to the Giants of Inferno on his Divine Comedy. After a brief visit, you will relax at a Chianti winery for a lunch of salami, cheeses and other local products, accompanied by a tasting of Chianti wines.
Your day continues with a trip to Val d’Orcia, another jewel in the Tuscan territory and a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2004. You will travel to Montalcino, which from its hill dominates the 1500 hectares of Brunello vineyards that have contributed making the area world-famous. Your last stop will be in a local wine cellar where you will taste the renowed Brunello of Montalcino, which finds its place among the frst Italian DOCG wines. You will visit the wine cellar and also taste typical local products.
- Round-trip shuttle service from your accommodation
- Travel by minivan with air conditioning for a maximum of 8 people
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine tasting and light lunch consisting of typical Tuscan dishes
- Snack with sliced cold meats and typical salami
- Children (3-12 years old): reduced price
- Infant (0-2 years old): free
Pick-up from your accommodation in Siena
- For light lunch a vegetarian menu is available upon request
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
- Monday, Thursday, Sunday 8.30am
Brunello, presently considered the best wine in the world, has its ancestral roots in the passion of...
Visit one of the most unique and romantic cities in the world, made up of 118 islands connected by o...
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Tuscan countryside by vintage Fiat 500 on an 8-hour scenic...
Fattoria di Cinciano è un'azienda vinicola nel cuore del Chianti Classico e il suo patrimonio, con i...
Taste and enjoy a typical meal, in an authentic Tuscan style. It will be guided by one of the family...
Maxi Wine Tasting €18 per person (Min 2 persons)Tasting 4 Organical Wines - White Vernaccia - White...