Full-day trip to Rila Mountains and the Seven Rila Lakes from Sofia
- Explore Bulgaria's highest glacial lakes
- Enjoy nature on a leisurely walk that can be modified for your fit level
- See panoramic views surrounded by rugged peaks and deep valleys
Take a full-day trek to the Rila Mountains to leasurely walk among the nature of it's Seven Rila Lakes. With your free time you will reach the highest lakes in Bulgaria and enjoy the superb scenery.
The Seven lakes of Rila are a group of glacial lakes situated between 2100 and 2500 m above sea level, surrounded by rugged peaks and deep valleys.
After a transfer of 1.5-hours you will reach the Panichishte resort area, where you'll board the chairlift to the Rila Lakes mountain hut. From here continue on foot to explore the cirque and its pearls – the Eye, the Tear, the Kidney, the Twins, the Trefoil, the Fish Lake and the Lower Lake.
The route is not difficult and can be altered on the spot depending on how fit you are, following either more gentle routes or steeper gradients.
- Pick-up and drop off in Sofia
- Transfer from your hotel in Sofia to Panichishte resort and back
- English-speaking guide
- Return chairlift tickets from Panichishte to The Seven Rila Lakes
- Detailed route notes
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Meet your guide in the lobby of your hotel. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Daily at 8.30am
Take a Pokemon-walking tour of Sofia as your expert Pokemon guide shows you all the Pokemon Shops an...
On this tour, in one single day, it is possible to visit three of the most important landmarks in Bu...
Sofia’s nice sized city center can easily be visited on foot, but it is a lot more interesting and f...
Save time and book your entrance tickets in advance to the National Museum of Military History. Upon...
Mousala is the highest peak (at 2925 m) not only in Rila Mountains, but on the whole Balkan Peninsul...
The first festival took place more than 100 years ago, in 1903. Today the Rose Festival is an intern...