1400-year history exploration tour in Asakusa
- Focus on the incredible 1400-year history in Asakusa within Tokyo's heartland
- Savor Japanese sweet snacks along the way
- Enjoy a small group tour by a professional guide specialized in the area
While bus tours are very handy in terms of efficiently covering a large area in a short time, this tour is for those who want to visit or revisit an area of particular interest to get to know much more about it. Therefore, the tour is designed to cater only six guests or less so the guide is able to communicate with each guest firsthand, and visitors have the chance to ask all their questions. Especially since things taken for granted by Japanese are very often new to tourists.
The itinerary starts at the meeting point at the Azumabashi bridge. After viewing Tokyo Sky Tree and Sumida river, the visit will continue at the Culture Center. You may have a preview of the tour by overlooking Asakusa from high up the building designed by a well-known Japanese architect. You will then head to Sensoji temple, Tokio's essential sightseeing spot, but you will also be sight-touching, tasting and learning the history and secrets of the ancient place while participating in the shrine-visiting rituals that Japanese people know. You will enjoy drawing a paper fortune, and then you will detour into the quiet back streets to pick up some freshly-made 'melon pan' sweet bread.
Afterward, the tour will continue to the 'Rokku' area, it is Asakusa's traditional entertainment area, always busy and bustling with life. Take your chance to walk through the Meiji period (1868-1912) towards the present day, with stops along the way for more Japanese sweet snacks. The district of endless novelty, between movies, comedians, and exotic animals, transformed in a quaint neighborhood of handicrafts and nostalgia.
- Half-day walking tour in Asakusa
- Entry to Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center
- Visit to Sensoji temple
- Japanese sweet snacks
- Certified professional and specialized guide
- Gratuities (guides do not accept them)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off service
1-1-3, Asakusa, Taito-Ku, Tokyo, Japan 111-0032
Tokyo Metro Ginza Line G19 Asakusa Station, Exit 4. When you arrive at Asakusa station look for Exit 4, when you reach go upstairs and head outside. The guide will be there to meet you with signage saying "Shitamachi T Pro". You will see Azumabashi (a red bridge) crossing the Sumida River in front of you.
- It is recommended to wear a comfortable pair of shoes and to bring a bottle of water although vending machines may be found along the way
- In order to ensure the integrity of the tour and for it to be enjoyed by all guests, there will be no waiting for any guest who fails to show up at the designated time at the meeting point. Therefore, the tour will start on schedule and no refund will be provided
- Operates daily twice a day
- Tour start time: 9.00am and 1.00pm
Start off at Ningyocho, a district known for its old traditions and, as you’ll discover right away, ...
Jump on board a salvaged 'mamachari' bicycle and join your guide on a cycling, walking and food adve...
Join your guide on a walking and street food adventure in West Tokyo.Dive headfirst into the eclecti...
Visit 4 of the most popular scenic spots around Lake Kawaguchi area with the backdrop of the beautif...
Universal Studios Japan™ is one of the top theme parks in the world. It is comprised of nine areas f...
Going on a trip to Tokyo without going to Senso-Ji Temple, would be a bit like visiting Paris withou...